Quantcast

Matt Damon set to play Armstrong in movie

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Damon set to play Armstrong in movie
VeloNews | 28 Jul | Andrew Hood

It seems a Lance Armstrong movie is finally getting off the ground. According to a report on the Star web page, actor Matt Damon is getting in shape to play the six-time Tour champion in an upcoming biopic.

According to the report, Damon is in negotiations to play Armstrong in producer Frank Marshall's new project. Marshall was on hand during the recent Tour.

Developing...

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
I heard that the part of Sheryl Crow was gonna be played by Ben Affleck. Also Jay & Silent Bob are going to play George Hincapie & Tyler Hamilton respectively.

:monkey:

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Tenchiro said:
I heard that the part of Sheryl Crow was gonna be played by Ben Affleck. Also Jay & Silent Bob are going to play George Hincapie & Tyler Hamilton respectively.

:monkey:
Aren't they also having Julia Stiles play his ex-wife? Not sure....thats just what I've heard in the many Hollywood rumours.:rolleyes:

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
-BB- said:
Oh Gawd....
Please tell me it ain't true.
No doubt, that blockhead can't get skinny enough to play Lance.
They should have picked Robert Downey Jr. or Scott Weiland.
The faces of Heroin addicts and the riders who have just done the Tour,
have the same look. One of horror and pain. Oops, this is a morbid post, sorry. :dancing:

DVNT

Turbo Monkey
Jul 16, 2004
So how the hell are they going to end the movie????

I thought he said he was going for #7?

The project will probably get canned after more doping allegations pop up, and you know they will.

slowSSer

mnoeky
Aug 14, 2002
Stepford
um, to ask the obvious and stupid question, but why cant lance play lance? he can act better than anyone already mentioned.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
SkaredShtles said:
Yeah. In fact, Lucas gets a good, BIG, swift :nuts: for doing the whole Ep I, II, and the yet-to-be-seen-sure-to-be-a-worthless-pile-of-$hit-movie III. :mumble:

-S.S.-
Yet somehow we will all be in the theatre to see it, yet again, in hopes that it will be worth the $6 :mumble:

grimm

Monkey
Jan 12, 2002
Sweden
even if i prolly never will see this film, didnt even hear it was planned, there are worse actors than matt damon, i think he is good. :thumb:

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
In S.C. you can go to the Drive-In and see two movies for the price of one and it's legit, $8 baby! in fact I saw the Bourne Supremacy last night, could have seen Anchorman also but I was too tired...

Arm On Fire

Monkey
Jun 24, 2004
Exeter, NH & Acton, MA
I hope Lance doesn't act in the movie, a cameo would be ok.
Have you seen the subaru commercials, now we know why he is a bike rider.
He did act well enogh to fool Phill Ligget a few years ago.
I think damon is a middle of the road actor, lance himself used the damon quote " how do you like those apples?"

I think I heard its planned on coming out in summer 2006.

scofflaw23

Monkey
Mar 13, 2002
Raleigh
punkassean said:
In S.C. you can go to the Drive-In and see two movies for the price of one and it's legit, $8 baby! in fact I saw the Bourne Supremacy last night, could have seen Anchorman also but I was too tired...
hmm...that sounds pretty damn cool. S.C. is a really sweet city, I was only there for a couple days, but I had an awesome time. Hot girls.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Yeah, that move "Bourne Supremacy"...why did they name it that? The obvious name would be "Bourne Again" since it was the sequal to "Bourne Identity" WTF is with movie people?

iresmoke1

Monkey Flirt
Aug 1, 2001
Philadelphia
Matt Damon is hot. Not hot enough to make me watch a movie about Lance.

Lance is a great athlete, however didn't he leave his wife for a rock star?

What is this movie going to be about. Training? The only cool movie about an athlete in training is ROCKY.

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
iresmoke1 said:
Lance is a great athlete, however didn't he leave his wife for a rock star?

What is this movie going to be about. Training? The only cool movie about an athlete in training is ROCKY.
More like she left him for all the times they moved to europe, US, europe, US, europe, US...biking was taking up all his time, no time for them to GET IT ON..but then again according to "it's not about the bike" lance's kids weren't made in front of the fire after the candle lit dinner like he wanted.
I just want to see the scene where damon has to drive in his porsche and get to the clinic before he dies...aahh, good times.

towelie

Monkey
May 14, 2003
Santa Barbara county
Is this for real? It is going to take some SKILLFUL writing, or embelishment, to make this a very interesting movie I think. I mean, he's still going strong, and his 5th TDF was much closer than last year's.

Also, Damon (who's not a bad actor) is going to have to have to get seriously scrawney to be a cancer patient, and then have some seriously buff legs for riding.

Want to know why Lance isn't playing himself? See his cameo in "Dodgeball".

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
ummbikes said:
Matt Damon got seriously skinny in Courage Under Fire. Why not him? Haters.
i agree and he's a WAY better actor than his asshat butt buddy afleck.

"I heard that the part of Sheryl Crow was gonna be played by Ben Affleck. Also Jay & Silent Bob are going to play George Hincapie & Tyler Hamilton respectively." hahahah
that black headed chic from 90210 can play armstrongs first wife :)

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
manziman said:
Wasn't his first wife super blonde and super hot?
yea, so. we can demonize anybody we want, it's the movies

and besides Shannon is hot in a dirty girl trailer park kind of way.

that and the only blond i could remember from smiths movies if james van der beek.

i forgot about kitty booboo **** from jandsb strike back.

manziman

Stubby
Jul 3, 2004
The armpit of San Diego
The Toninator said:
yea, so. we can demonize anybody we want, it's the movies

and besides Shannon is hot in a dirty girl trailer park kind of way.
oooh, what about elizabeth berkeley? she was HAWT in Showgirls...she'd do well as Armstrong's wife...meehhh...maybe not