Quantcast

Matti Lehikoinen trys out a MotoGP Ducati

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
http://www.alpinestars.com/moto/scoops/nov06/MattiLehikoinenMotoGPDucati/MattiLehikoinenMotoGPDucati.html

The bastard, would love a spin on the Desmosedici, would rather get 'er wide open on me own though.

Matti Lehikoinen trys out a MotoGP Ducati
November 17th, 2006

Top Downhill MTB rider, Matti Lehikoinen, took to a different sort of two wheel thrills at the Valencia MotoGP. Matti races for Team G Cross Honda, who currently lead the UCI Downhill Mountain Bike World Cup. This time, Matti swapped pedal power for horsepower, 240 horsepower to be precise!

Matti experienced a few laps on the Marlboro Ducati Desmosedici, with ex-GP racer Randy Mamola at the controls. The pair lapped only a few seconds off the pace of the MotoGP bikes, testing Matti’s ability to withstand the amazing braking and acceleration forces as they powered around the Valencia circuit.

Even at the speeds Matti reaches on his bike, they still won’t feel fast compared to almost 200mph on the Marlboro Duc

giantrider89

Monkey
Oct 16, 2006
P-town, MN
I wouldn't even care about having two guys on a motorcycle, that would just be sweet to be able to ride....until you did a 240hp wheelie while on the back of the bike....then I need a change of pants...

Akula_7

Monkey
Nov 15, 2004
It should be considered a sin to ever put two dudes on the same crotch rocket. :plthumbsdown:
I do agree that two men on one bike is queer, however that Ducati is far beyond what any of the "public" should consider a crotch rocket, that's much like calling an F1 car a "Ricer".

One wheel + 250+BHP = :biggrin: , even with two sweaty dudes!

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
:stupid:
Some serious lameness and homophobio going on in the top of this thread.
welcome to america. where men are men! seriously, i would jump at the chance to ride on the back of one of those. who cares if there are two guys on it, they probably aren't playing hide the stick afterwards so i don't see how it is gay.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
if i had the chance to ride that bike i'd do it naked if i had to....well, ok,naked would hurt in a crash, maybe i'd even wear pink leathers or something.

btw, it takes some skill to pull a 2-person stoppie

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
You're an idiot/girlyboy if you would pass up the chance to ride on the back of one of those gp bikes. Grow up, this isn't 5th grade anymore.

pdawg

Monkey
Feb 27, 2006
Espoo, Finland
:stupid:
Some serious lameness and homophobio going on in the top of this thread.
Yep. Also, in Finland dudes actually go together in their b-day suits to the Sauna. Anyway, I don't think Matti is playing for the home team. I can only guess by reading the posts above some folks are confused about their own orientation. :clue:

InsideMan

Monkey
Jun 1, 2006
On an Island
actually it would be crotch to butt action at 280kph, how do you think they stayed on the bike together at that speed, Matti had to latch in. Anywho who cares about being on the back, go ride something yourself if you want fun.

You guys are douche bags.:bonk:
Its a rare opportunity to ride a real GP desmo and Mamola is an old school bad a$$.
In that context you'd be a fool to pass it up.

You think Ducati will let anybody(even a proven WC downhill) loose on a bike that costs more than a house?
Didn't think so....

SLanD3r

Chimp
Apr 6, 2006
didn't some team let schumacher take a few laps (by himself) on a motogp bike?

but then again his wealth,status puts him on a different level.

edit: found the article, it was in 2005 and also on a ducati, and his fastest lap was around 20 seconds off the track record (mugello)