Quantcast

Maxle.. little help?

fred.r

Dwangus Bogans
May 9, 2006
Anyone got a spare Maxle for a WC they wanna sell me for cheap? Mine is on the outs and figured someone on here might have an extra laying around they wanna get rid of.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
mill creek, WA (now in Surrey UK)
maxle from the Boxxer WC and pike are differnt!

at least my pike maxle doesnt fit on my boxxer team. i dont think they make a QR maxle for boxxers, ive seen a few custom made, but rock shox doesnt produce them. .

NJHCx4xLIFE

Monkey
Jan 23, 2007
Central Jersey
I had a boxxer ride which had the QR maxle and it was never a problem. The boxxer ride also uses the same lowers as the rest I thought? Not sure why a pike maxle wouldn't bit a boxxer... Not saying I doubt you Eren.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
I had a boxxer ride which had the QR maxle and it was never a problem. The boxxer ride also uses the same lowers as the rest I thought? Not sure why a pike maxle wouldn't bit a boxxer... Not saying I doubt you Eren.
the ride was the fork that came on the 7.5 correct?

the race, team and WC are all differnt then the ride

EDIT::

Its different as Eren said.

The Totem QR Maxle won't fit in my Team/WC/Race. The end of the axle is different where it screws into the stanchion (steps down on the DH Maxle Team/WC/Race)
yes. And i FINALLY remembered the name(not that that matters), the quick realease maxle is the maxle 360 which will not fit any boxxer other than the boxxer ride. Which is basically a beefy pike.

jvnixon

Turbo Monkey
May 14, 2006
SickLines.com
Its different as Eren said.

The Totem QR Maxle won't fit in my Team/WC/Race. The end of the axle is different where it screws into the stanchion (steps down on the DH Maxle Team/WC/Race)

NJHCx4xLIFE

Monkey
Jan 23, 2007
Central Jersey
the ride was the fork that came on the 7.5 correct?

the race, team and WC are all differnt then the ride

You are correct that they came on the 7.5 but they can't be too different since you can easily convert a ride into a team.

EDIT: Just saw EREN's edit and Jvnixions post. Makes sense now. I was under the impression they used the same lowers as well.

Eren

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2006
I have a maxle 360 on my boxxers and it works well.
I think it's for a boxxer ride, but I got it as a spare part from the local bike shop.
all i can say is thats strange. . . . . i just looked at my forks (not one! but both my pike and boxxer) and the maxle definetly does not fit, its got a wierd cone shape on the end of the maxle and it didnt thread in correctly.

maybe the one from the ride works? even though its the same as the pike. . .

:think:

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
I have a maxle 360 on my boxxers and it works well.
I think it's for a boxxer ride, but I got it as a spare part from the local bike shop.
you are correct. this is the only one that will work