Quantcast

Maxxis cup #1 results

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Did that Gardia dude go by another name a few years ago, with some of the same pieces perhaps?
Like, didn't the name have 'felix' in his name at one point.

Very stupid question I am aware, but was just curious.

s.hill02

Chimp
Feb 2, 2008
I must say i am really surprised by that result from Cedric, bout time he had a decent result in awhile!!!! All of that Freeriderness must have been getting to him. Now hopefully he realizes he needs to step it up a notch if he wants to be able to hang!!!!

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
I thought these maxxis cups were supposed to be the 2nd coming of christ? (besides PINNED).
So where is all the competition? I mean, 2 athertons, Cedric, Beaumont, Brendan and a couple others is great, but I was told the Maxxis Cup will rival the world cup? Is this not the case?

And yes, I am stoked for Cedric too, as I heard his worlds wrist injury might have been career ending...way to go frenchie.

sirbikealot

Monkey
Sep 19, 2001
Dundas,ON,CAN
cedric is hungry, remember just 2 seasons ago he started off with 2nd place finishes at fort bill and les deux alpes. riding with him a couple months ago, it was obvious he was training hard and tons of rehab

great start to the season for Commencal and we are going to see plenty of the athertons of podiums again this year!!

plus i think gee is ready, he laid a 4 second smackdown on cedric and dan
rachel will own this year, she took hers by 8 seconds and would have been about top 50 elite men

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
is cedric running full armor this year? i know hes using the leatt braces
he usually runs armor but you can't always see it. most of the guys at least wear a back plate even if it doesn't look like it in photos, the stuff is so low profile these days it barely shows. a lot of the 661 riders use the core saver and do or don't wear elbow pads depending on courses and personal preference. there aren't too many guys on the world cup circuit with nothing up top (Hill being the most obvious of course).

case in point, in one of these photos i have a full Troy Lee suit on while in the other I have no upper body padding on at all. can you tell which is which?

j-posch

Monkey
Jun 25, 2007
Dan crashed in the bottom woods, slid out on a berm, lost a few seconds, would have been pretty close otherwise!