Quantcast

Maxxis help

jimengdh

Chimp
Mar 15, 2004
I just bought the Minion DHF
Three compounds available: Slow Reezay 40a, Super Tacky 42a, or MaxxPro 60a.
I want to know which one is harder?
Thanks

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
The number, i.e. 60A, is the durometer of the rubber. Generally, the higher it is the harder the rubber and the longer it will last.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
I dont agree with FURY. I have the Minions in the ST, SRY, and 60D. The SRY, which is the 40D, will last a lot longer than the 42D ST. The ST knobs rip off after about 5-8 rides. I will never own the STs again. The tires look new but the knobs are ripping off. My SRYs have lasted a lot longer.

Once Maxxis tires are all black, I would run the 60D in the rear and the SRY in the front. The STs are race only in my opinion. I couldn't believe how bad the knobs have ripped off.

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
Kanter said:
I dont agree with FURY. I have the Minions in the ST, SRY, and 60D. The SRY, which is the 40D, will last a lot longer than the 42D ST. The ST knobs rip off after about 5-8 rides. I will never own the STs again. The tires look new but the knobs are ripping off. My SRYs have lasted a lot longer.

Once Maxxis tires are all black, I would run the 60D in the rear and the SRY in the front. The STs are race only in my opinion. I couldn't believe how bad the knobs have ripped off.
Ah!
That's what I had always wondered. I've got the SRY Minion's and they have lasted much longer than a pair of ST's. I've got tons of tread left after 3 months, including a handful of urban rides.

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
STs rock but man they dont last long. Stick with the SRY. I really cant tell the difference. Some people can but not me.

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Kanter said:

That is why I used the word "Generally" at the beginning of the sentence. But the question wasn't about SRY's vs. ST's - that topic was covered just recently.

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Kanter said:
Same here. Brand new tires, knobs falling off left and right. The SRY's don't do that nearly as bad.

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
The new Minion tires are the tread of choice for both the Maxxis team and the Foes team, thanks in part to the new slow-rebounding SRY (Slow-Reezaay) rubber compound. SRY rolls faster, wears better, and hooks up better than Super Tacky rubber.
thats from go-ride. so the 60a will last longet than the st but the sry will out last and hook up better than both of them so. but the 60a is the hardest to answer the original question

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
"SRY rolls faster, wears better, and hooks up better than Super Tacky rubber."

Where in that statement do you read that the SRY will outlast the 60D? The SRY will NOT last longer than the 60D. That statement means the SRY will outlast the ST. Reread...