Quantcast

May 1 Protests?

sanjuro

Tube Smuggler
Sep 13, 2004
SF
No one has posted anything yet? Surprised...

Nothing like a threat to encourage Americans to grant the privilege of citizenship!

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Seen on another fourm:

I've been driving my truck up to the spots where you pick up day laborers, pulling over about half way down the block and motioning to them, they all run and push and shove and just when they get to my truck, I drive away laughing and yelling "DAY WITHOUT A GRINGO!"

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
We had one here in rochester today I saw while riding my bike. About 200 people showed up, walked 500 feet shouting something I couldnt understand so they could get their spot on the 5oclock news, stoped, smoked cigaretts, and got the fvck out of dodge.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
I saw some kids chanting something on campus. I didn't hear what they were saying and didn't really stop to listen. Because honestly I didn't care.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
valve bouncer said:
The latent racism bubbling just below the surface doesn't take long to erupt at times like this.
Well, it is in fact a RACE making a political statement here. If speaking out against this stupidity is going to be considered racist, then so be it, Im racist. :)

R

richcreek

I say we kick them all out of the u.s and completely milaterize the mexico us boarder.

The Amish

Dumber than N8
Feb 22, 2005
valve bouncer said:
The latent racism bubbling just below the surface doesn't take long to erupt at times like this.

What.............I left out the part about how the lazy effin mexicans couldnt even put on a proper protest:mumble:

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Oh that is what they were about? It was a bunch of rich college kids protesting on the quad that I saw, like I really care what a bunch of rich kids with too much time on their hands have to tell me.

DHCorky

Monkey
Aug 5, 2003
Headed to the lift...
Slugman said:
Yup... haven't had to speak any Spanish today!
So true, one of my co-workers walked up to me today looked around and said "We are in America again."

I love how they are protesting to support something that is illegal. I guess the meaning of the word "illegal" is lost in the translation.

Rumor is Colorado is working to pass legislation so any signs , or documents the government pays to print will be printed in English only. No more having things printed in both languages.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
It is a shame how many bigots and racists are still out there. I can't say that I am really suprised though. I have seen and heard so much disgusting behavior the last few days from my so-called countrymen, either in person, on th news and the internet.

I feel that most immigrants are far more deserving to stay in this country than the people that would have them removed.

The only crime most of these people have commited is being here without permission, and they are only doing that to make a better life for themselves and their family.

This must be what the Irish went through when they first immigrated.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
I think the main gripes should be from the people who actually put in the time and effort to immigrate to the US LEGALLY.

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
Tenchiro said:
It is a shame how many bigots and racists are still out there. I can't say that I am really suprised though. I have seen and heard so much disgusting behavior the last few days from my so-called countrymen, either in person, on th news and the internet.

I feel that most immigrants are far more deserving to stay in this country than the people that would have them removed.

The only crime most of these people have commited is being here without permission, and they are only doing that to make a better life for themselves and their family.

This must be what the Irish went through when they first immigrated.
You are right, but recent events DO clearly illustrate the issue at hand. Im all for immigration, I just want it catalogued in some way. Osama Bin Sanchez has ZERO trouble getting in at present.

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
N8 said:
I think the main gripes should be from the people who actually put in the time and effort to immigrate to the US LEGALLY.
Many (dare I say most) of the people protesting and marching are here legally.

N8 v2.0

Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
Tenchiro said:
Many (dare I say most) of the people protesting and marching are here legally.

A lot of people don't really know what they are protesting against either.... they are just protesting.

Tenchiro

Jul 19, 2002
New England
BurlyShirley said:
You are right, but recent events DO clearly illustrate the issue at hand. Im all for immigration, I just want it catalogued in some way. Osama Bin Sanchez has ZERO trouble getting in at present.
I do think they should be able to immigrate legally, but from what I understand from friends who have immigrated (legally and otherwise) is that the cost of legal immigration is simply out of the reach of most Mexicans.

Skeg

Chimp
Sep 22, 2005
This is just another perfect opportunity missed by our government.
They rounded themselfs up, all we had to do was bring the busses to send them back where they came from, hell... I say we even provide them a bag lunch to eat on their ride home.

But then the government would probably get sued by the family of someone who gets crampped up and drowns after eating their bag lunch and does not wait 45 minutes before swimming back here. :love: