Quantcast

May Visit Bromont

DTLogic

Monkey
Aug 16, 2006
South Fla
I have never been to the french areas of Canada. I'm considering driving to Bromont for a few days of riding. My question is; Is it hard to get around ( are all of the road signs in french?) and communicate if I don't speak french?

jnooth

Monkey
Sep 19, 2008
Vermont Country
not really a problem. I speak zero french and I go there quite often. Signs are easy to figure out, and most people speak english if they need to. If thats the one concern you have I would say dont let that stop you from going. Bromont is awesome!

lachy_mtb

Monkey
May 25, 2008
It's easy as to get around! I'm from Australia and have come over the past 2 years and it's fine. Most of the staff there can speak at least a little english. It's definantely worth going, awesome tracks!

Bikael Molton

goofy for life
Jun 9, 2003
El Lay
I'm interested in riding in Quebec later in the summer.

Can I get some comparisons of Bromont to the East Coast USA mountains? Vert, amount and type of trails, etc?

Lions

Chimp
Sep 16, 2008
Big yellow land
DT Logic - I speak little to no French and have no problem getting around the mountain or any of the establishments nearby. Definitely don't let that stand in the way!

rpet - I can't speak to the amount of vert Bromont has compared to other east coast mountains... well, it definitely has more than Highland... but from my experiences I've never ridden top to bottom without taking a break and thought "Hmmmm, I wish that had kicked my ass more." As far as trails go, I've ridden the majority of the big North East mountains and I think Bromont's trails are some of the best, if not the best. Really well thought out, maintained but not so much that you feel like you're in a parking lot and a wide amount of variety. They will definitely push you. The lifts are fast too.

Oh, and crashing the water park at the end of a long day of riding and some beers is second to none.

Routier07

Monkey
Mar 14, 2009
There is still quite abit of english going on in that corner of the province, its so close to US border that locals know very well that they'll run in to people that speak english.

The trails when I went early on this season we're amazing! They had just redone the #7 and the #20 was stellar as usual!.. Theres trails for everyone on that hill, from mellow to suicidal, they have it all! Nothing beats hitting the fromagerie down the road from the hill for a good poutine and some fresh ice cream.

Definitly recommended

p-spec

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2004
quebec
I'd recommend u go.

Seriously.
You'll want to come back.

I myself am looking to take like 2 3 days off during the week and just go up and ride and **** off from the world for a bit.

***** if you have a GPS,you'll be fine,and its rlly easy.

Its off the highway and you can't miss the signs for bromont.
the gov knows people come here for biking and skiing,its all well indicated,even little outlets now if you wana shop and do your **** with your wife too or wtv.

deff recomend you doing poutine too.

Last edited: