Quantcast

MBA builds a custom "DH Race" bike

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Nah they probably throw in some bullsh1t about vertical axle path and neutral blah blah blah

Besides, the paint schemes of those things are obviously integral in defining them as freeride bikes made for 14 year olds.

They just happen to ride better than their paint jobs imply.
I'm sold...where can I buy one?

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
have you ridden one? seriously bad all bike. coming off dh 9's, sinister r9, m1, a few weeks on a turner (yuck), and a gt i drive it is by far the most dh worth of the bunch w/ the r9 taking second place in my book. bike plain rips
HAHAHAHAHA

dexter

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Boise, Idaho
HAHAHAHAHA
whats so funny about that? it has f'n great numbers on paper, slack, super low bb, low cog, great suspension feel and action. plus the bike plain rips. exact same as a demo 8 just w/ a 1.5 headtube and a plastic spacer in the shock. quit being a homo and go ride one before you laugh at my opinion/judgement

Inclag

Turbo Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
MA
have you ridden one? seriously bad all bike. coming off dh 9's, sinister r9, m1, a few weeks on a turner (yuck), and a gt i drive it is by far the most dh worth of the bunch w/ the r9 taking second place in my book. bike plain rips
Agreed. Best DH bike I've ever owned. Said it before and I'll say it again, this bike is more dh race specific than the Demo 8 is.

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
Agreed. Best DH bike I've ever owned. Said it before and I'll say it again, this bike is more dh race specific than the Demo 8 is.
are you sure about that? at least for the 08 models, the demo 8 is slacker, a little longer, and only 6mm higher.

Ozzer

Monkey
Dec 21, 2003
Life Ends at 619
I abhor their reviews and recommendations influenced by who pays the most expensive ads. Atleast Dirt Mag is indiscriminate that they give all great positive reviews.

There is a bright side to the MBA website.

speed racer

Monkey
Dec 22, 2004
GA
One more appropriate word:

Excellent frame that rides better than most dh specific marketed frames out there

:D
I'm with you Woo. Those bikes ride amazing. People that knock them, are just too prideful to admit how well they ride. IMO:monkeydance:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Wouldn't call them pridefull. Most of them either like only dh marketed frame(lame) or just don't like spec (for many reasons, spec somehow is good at making enemies. Dunno why I have nothing against them[maybe except the new big hit frames])