Quantcast

MBC's car thread - part II - the final chapter

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
MtnBikerChk said:
YES IT DOES - way ahead of you! :)

And no, jewell probably will not like it - but she hasn't seen it yet.
Ah! Jewell must not be a car ride liken greyhound. One of mine loves care rides, one would much rather stay home!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
DH Diva said:
Ah! Jewell must not be a car ride liken greyhound. One of mine loves care rides, one would much rather stay home!
Jewell merely tolerates car rides. We have to pick her up and put her in the vehicle. :rolleyes: She'd never leave the house if she had things her way. :p

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
I Are Baboon said:
Jewell merely tolerates car rides. We have to pick her up and put her in the vehicle. :rolleyes: She'd never leave the house if she had things her way. :p
Sounds like my dog, she hates car rides. She gets in and out without a problem but wont sit on the seat, she has to lay on the floor. And dont even think about trying to move her, she gets PISSED!

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
MtnBikerChk said:
I checked Bridgestone's website. My size only comes in P, not LT :(
I'd pass then. Check out the Michelin LTX M/S or A/T tires. I had the AT on my last truck and really liked them. Pricey but great tires.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
If you can find them get Michelin XZL's they will last longer than your Pathfinder wich is saying something, as Nissans never die. But the XZL is next to impossible to get in most sizes here in the U.S. I ended up with BFG Mud Terains on my Disco and have been reasonably happy, they do make some noise and don't grip great in rain, but off-road or in snow they rule! Nice truck by the way.

dan-o

Turbo Monkey
Jun 30, 2004
MtnBikerChk said:
HOLY CRAP - they are more expensive than the revos!

edit: the ltx a/ts also do not come in my size - 265 70 16
Yep, Michelin is the Cartier of the tire world but they are quality.
Mine still looked new when I traded in my old truck after putting 20k on them.

You could bump up to 265 75 16 tires without any issues (call tire rack to confirm this), the difference is small over your stock size and it's a more common truck tire size.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
don't put some outrageous tire like an M/T on that new, shiny beast. they may look cool, but they'll hurt your fuel economy, shimmy on the freeway, and rumble like mad at certain speeds. (i should know as i ran them on my old pathfinder.) :dead:

good choice on the vehicle btw :thumb: . my parents test drove one while i was home visiting a while back, and it was very slick feeling all around. it's amazing how these things improve year after year.

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
MtnBikerChk said:
HOLY CRAP - they are more expensive than the revos!

edit: the ltx a/ts also do not come in my size - 265 70 16
Thats the tough thing with Revos, they dont come in very many sizes. Theres an LT in 265/75/16 which is about a half inch bigger than the stock size. You wont notice much difference

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
umm, why not just use the brand new tires that are on there now?

and where do you all go that lets you ut bigger tires on? (every tire place I have been to wouldnt do that)

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
MtnBikerChk said:
I've heard horrible things about wet and snow traction on the stock tires.

We'll find out this week though - rain and snow are in the forecast!

What come on there as stock? I hope not Goodyear Wranglers

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
long trails do suck. take them off and im sure you can pawn them off for something towards the new rubber. hit up some truck/jeep type boards and see if anyone is interested. Craigslist is also a bastion of tire selling goodness

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
I Are Baboon said:
You should have seen the 8 cylinder BEHEMOTH that was in the showroom. :drool: It gets 12 miles per gallon. LMAO It was a pretty nice vehicle though.

The Nissan Murano looks pretty cool. Not as much cargo room as my Outback, but might be worth a test drive when I am in the market for a new car in three years.

My boss has one and it is sweet.
Good pep, and a variable transmission.
It doesn't have set gears per se, but constantly adjusts the gearing.
Kinda like what everyone first thought the Honda bike did.