Quantcast

meanwhile on vwvortex, someone wants 10" of travel.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
That's what happens when you got more cash than brains. I'm really worried the next hipster thing will be benderbikes.

SacredYeti

Monkey
Sep 12, 2011
San Diego, CA
Last edited:

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Well it's either a fixie or brakeless, both of which are teh dumb. And I'm pretty sure those wheels are different sizes. It could be a really weird camera angle but I don't think so.
It's probably the angle. I doubt you can fit in a 29inch wheel into that frame. There are also no 29'' trailmaster rims ;)

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Yeah you're right, I just looked it up.. It so looks like it in the picture though! And brakeless and fixie are equally dumb/dangerous imo
Well I've seen a brakeless kid almost fall into a 3m deep ditch we cut for our stepup (easier than to build a 5m high training stepup ;) )

was?

Monkey
Mar 9, 2010
Dresden, Germany
riding in traffic brakeless is dumb, but for fooling around it is actually quite cool. and yay to huckbikes, as roughly the same applies, you'v got to substitute traffic with fast though...

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
ultra tall and short wheelbase just sounds dumb. Theres nothing that bike can do my musashi can't and better. I just don't get the wasting of money for something so dumb. A proper new bike would be sooo much more fun.

I get he likes the look, but come on a almost 20" bottom bracket?

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
ultra tall and short wheelbase just sounds dumb. Theres nothing that bike can do my musashi can't and better. I just don't get the wasting of money for something so dumb. A proper new bike would be sooo much more fun.

I get he likes the look, but come on a almost 20" bottom bracket?
The thing is he doesn't want to ride and have fun he wants to ride around the city in a full face helmet and pose. One thing he doesn't realise is that it will have an opposite effect from what he expects.

was?

Monkey
Mar 9, 2010
Dresden, Germany
yeah, his shock is too long. but these bikes aren't about performance. he could've spend his money way more stupid.
he won't be the fastest kid on the hill, but that's not the point, if there ever was one.

blackohio

Generous jaywalker
Mar 12, 2009
Hellafornia. Formerly stumptown.
I do look forward to the dental reconstruction thread on the vortex when he blows the front end off that flat landing 5 stairs. I only wish he ran a 20" rear wheel to slacken it out some. wobbly as what?

4130biker

PM me about Tantrum Cycles!
May 24, 2007
It sounds like the guy is into riding it from the viewpoint of fun like a doubledecker bike, not so much dh performance. He thinks it's cool, that's what matters in this case, right? I'm sure that people who don't ride think that bike looks just as cool, or way cooler than the refined dh bikes that are available these days.

To each his own, I guess!

If I had money to spare, I would love to have a gravity sled with an absurd amount of travel, just for the sake of doing some downhill routes where I just don't care where I point my bike at, as long as it points down.
That case is an overkill and waste of money, and I doubt it's fun to jump a few stairs when your fork soaks it all up, IMHO, but to each his own.