Quantcast

Meat Smoker

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
Has anyone ever made their own meat smoker? I am thinking of making one but I am not sure where to place the wood burning chamber or how big to make it. Anyone have any experience or a URL to get me started?

thanks

greenreese

Monkey
Nov 11, 2003
binary visions said:
Meat smoker... There's just too many things I could say...

ahahaha I totally thought this was going to be a thread ragging on some gay dude or something.

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
binary visions said:
Meat smoker... There's just too many things I could say...
So, ummm, you're planning to smoke your own meat? I suggest doing some yoga...that may get you flexible enough to reach... :nope:

Well, someone had to say it....

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
dh girlie said:
Oh please...you're just looking for another shameless plug for the Monster...
The sad thing is that his insinuations are being read by probably 90% men :D

Maybe that means... :think:

El Jefe

Dr. Phil Jefe
Nov 26, 2001
OC in SoCal
binary visions said:
The sad thing is that his insinuations are being read by probably 90% men :D

Maybe that means... :think:
stand down there soldier

Wait, that didn't sound so good either....damn, I'll shut up now.

JerseyDave

monkey wrestler
Apr 9, 2002
Stowe, VT
In school we used one made from 2 old refrigerators. (free at dump) They are good because they have shelves. Get 2, i suggest the "dorm" sized frige for home use. In the bottom one, take out all but the top shelf. Put an electric Coil eye in the bottom and get a medium sautee pan. That's where the smoke comes from. put the chips in the pan in a ring and it'll start burning in the middle and go nice and slow for a while. In the side of this bottom frige, cut a hole at the top big enough to install a piece of dryer hose about 5 -6 feet long. This dryer hose will disapte the heat of the air and should lead over or up to another frige and plug in to the bottom of it. This fridge should be REALLY CLEAN. If you find a good frige with dirty racks you can get new racks for it. The racks need to be nice and clean. The temp in this box should stay below 80 degrees f. You can stack the fridges, but if your hose is too short you may cook the food with hot smoke. Sometimes hot smoking is a nice tech., but you're not really smoking there, your smoke flavoring. This set up is kind of ugly so build yourself a nice shed and hide some liqure and cigars out there...when you came back in you'll smell so much like hickory smoke, you'll never get busted. oh yea, don't forget to vent your top fridge...right out through the roof of the shed, and incorperate some type of damper on the stack. GL with that...smoked tomatoe Vin. Mmmmmmmmm.