Quantcast

megavalanche, Peru

big-ted

Danced with A, attacked by C, fired by D.
Sep 27, 2005
Vancouver, BC
So, every year, in addition to all the local races, I try and do at least one ridiculous roadtrip/race/event with the bike. I was thinking about what it could be this year, and then I remembered that there used to be a megavalanche in Peru. The Avalanche cup website says it happened in March last year, but doesn't list any details for an event this year. Anyone know what the deal is? Did it get canned?

drkenan

anti-dentite
Oct 1, 2006
west asheville
Yep - it is no longer. I was going to go this year. Been trying to go the past 2 but I FINALLY had the funds this year and they freakin' canceled it. Sucks. A contact in Peru said they have some local races that are the same format though.

JudgeDH

Chimp
Feb 7, 2008
Go to Peru. there's so much riding there and you can do a different race if that's what you want. I can recommend you several outfitters if needed. Great riding!!!

Aug 17, 2009
Peru, South America
That's so bad! There's no more Mega in Peru but there are great trails to ride and we know 'em all! We are currently riding with Chris Van Dine all the trails around ths area and he is so stoked! Check our post of the Colca Canyon dude!