Quantcast

***Memorial DAY GMT***

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
A mini-minivan?
I'd vote no because lack of power and utility due to seats you will probably never use. I recently bought a Ram City Van which will easily fit 2 large DH rigs inside along with any gear you would need the drawback is it only seats 2... I'm sold on the minivan idea but you do need power to drive up mountains.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I'd vote no because lack of power and utility due to seats you will probably never use. I recently bought a Ram City Van which will easily fit 2 large DH rigs inside along with any gear you would need the drawback is it only seats 2... I'm sold on the minivan idea but you do need power to drive up mountains.
Mountains you say? I'm about a 2 day drive from any of those. :busted:

The seats will just stay folded down anyways. Since I purchased the Subaru, I've had more than 1 passenger.........exactly 1 time.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Mountains you say? I'm about a 2 day drive from any of those. :busted:
But it could happen... I'm not going to endorse the Ram for anyone but me, I will say that I never appreciated the convenience of cargo space until I had it. These have a 10 speed automatic and get decent mileage around town and fantastic on the freeway, much better than the Subaru but not as fun to drive. The Subie is still my daily driver.

View media item 2865Cargo area easily hold bikes.

View media item 2866About the same size as a Subaru wagon, so easy to park in the city.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Bailed out on going to Kitsuma. Just couldn't get motivated to drive four hours for a 10 mile loop, half of which is pavement. It's a great trail though, a Pisgah classic.

Went back to the OG spot for some more mobile trail maintenance and broke out the Silky. Scoped a new reroute that might end up being one of the longer DHs in the system. Not very much elevation to work with though.

Dude not on a bike, not wearing hiking gear and clearly not a trail runner tried to chat with me, but I rode on. Later he catches up to me and wants to get chatty as I'm kneeling down sawing a log. He offered to help, but I politely declined, then just stood there 4 ft. away watching me work. I just paused and stared at him for second and he finally left. Got a very creepy vibe from him.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
yeah...thought maybe you'd do 2 loops for that far of a drive @AngryMetalsmith ... wilsons is probably closer. i can recommend a few good no-shuttle routes if you ever need 'em. :clue:

hung with the extended fam yesterday and today; drove home this afternoon. put 'em all to bed, now drinking beers, cleaning up, getting ready for the week and end of school year insanity. wife is out of town weds/thurs, so solo dad time it is.

need to call GG and get a demo for my trip to CO in a few weeks...

still buzzing from first trip to snowshoe and how well the uzzi did there. nothing it couldn't handle. pondering a fuckit friday mountains ride.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
@jstuhlman Snowshoe is a blast, when it's not pouring down buckets of rain. One of the few places where I've seen roots snaking through rock gardens. Hard a shit to ride, but why drive up there if it wasn't ?

Yeah, it's getting to be Wilson's O'clock.