Quantcast

Memorial Day "I don't know where the hell I'm going" ride

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Our group of five monkeys headed out to Grayville today (same place as my last ride report). Myself, MtnBikerChk, MMcG, Big T, and Quo Fan. Grayville has a lot of trails and I don't know my way around, but we ventured out armed with two GPS's and an entire afternoon.

I think we got lost 15 minutes into the ride. :clapping: We missed a lot of the fun trails I was hoping we'd find, but we still had a real nice 3.5 hour ride. It beats workin'. And what better way to learn a place than to explore?

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Quo Fan on some early planks.

MBC on another set of planks.

MBC followed by Big T...JRA.

MMcG in the insect infested woods. My helmet has a new color: Cobweb.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Quo Fan trying to get on this log. It's got a real tricky approach. Me, MMcG, and Quo Fan all tried. All failed.

29ER BOY working on his riding huck skills. Mark's skills and strength on his rigid SS niner are coming along quickly.

Quo Fan approaching the above huck. Gives you an idea since I suck at teh huck pics.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Had a great time. When we got back to the truck, we discovered that BigT's front wheel won't go back on her bike. Well it was heading to the shop anyway.

And what is a ride report without pictures?

MMcG over a log

IAB then MBC crossing a stream

Ride the skinny! MMcG then MBC We tried this both ways, one way was easier than the other.

IAB climbing up a hill with MBC in pursuit.

This was a truly difficult skinny to get on to. None that tried succeeded.

Air Baboon and Air MMcG

tonyhawk

bikerag.com whore
Sep 21, 2003
CT
Aqua Terra in Plainville.
Please update the ride report with a restaurant review. I drive by there twice a day (to and from work), but have never tried it.

Looks like a great ride. Wish I wasn't stuck at a wedding...

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
I've had dinner there before. I had the Chicken Gorgonzola (sp). It was really good. I got 2 meals out of it. The menu consists mostly of italian seafood, and most everything has mushrooms in it. I eat neither, but I liked the dish I got and I want more. BigT had some fish dish, and liked it.

An older gentleman wearing a t-shirt came up to our table and asked if we liked seafood. We responded, and he made suggestions. At first I thought he was some random guy, but he was probably either the head chef or the owner.

gsweet

Monkey
Dec 20, 2001
Minnesota
alright, where do you guys ride? i'm in lexington MA and am trying desperately to get my arse back on a bike (after 4 years of college and beer gut). if it's a reasonable distance from where i am, would y'all mind if i tagged along?

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
alright, where do you guys ride? i'm in lexington MA and am trying desperately to get my arse back on a bike (after 4 years of college and beer gut). if it's a reasonable distance from where i am, would y'all mind if i tagged along?
Most of our rides are in the Greater Hartford area of CT - if that isn't too far of a haul for you you are always welcome to join us.

Lexington, MA - is that near Lenox or Lee??

PM me if you'd like.

Cheers,

Mark

Aqua Terra - hrmmmmm........Quo were the prices decent? Laura's a big seafood fan and I like it too. Combining italian with seafood - well that seems like bonus points to me. :)

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
WTF - Cannondale should pay the bill on the recall. Be tough with Bikers Edge - something about that shop rubs me the wrong way. I mean it is too damned clean inside there! A bike shop should have a little bit of a smell of grease and rubber in it don't you think?

WTF - Cannondale should pay the bill on the recall. Be tough with Bikers Edge - something about that shop rubs me the wrong way. I mean it is too damned clean inside there! A bike shop should have a little bit of a smell of grease and rubber in it don't you think?
shops around here don't like to do warranty work on bikes they didn't sell you.

stick to your guns BIGT!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Time for more photos.

These are a few shots I took of the Grayville ride early on while my camera was still sorta working a little bit.

Quo Fan on the skinnies!

MBC JRA through some buff singletrack

Quo Fan's turn

the pics don't do that log justice ;)

IAB getting his climb on with Quo Fan in the background:

Now Quo Fan is in the foreground! Hi Quo :wave:

We gotta get King Arthur from Bikerag to show us all the goods in there! :monkeydance: