Quantcast

merry friday gmt

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
Just have to make it through today at work and then FALL MONKEYFEST this weekend. Three days of beer drinking and bike riding... OMG I can't wait.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning monkeys! It's a fine day...chilly, but I've got my coffee and pumpkin muffin in had and am ready for whatever the morning holds. Half day of work today and then we're heading up to KT for monkeyfest! I am looking forward to hanging with some good people, excellent riding, tasty beer and Jester :D

RUFUS

e-douche of the year
Dec 1, 2006
Denver, CO
Full blown insomnia again!!! Hooray. As long as it isn't like 3 years ago when I didn't sleep for 9 months, (true story).

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
OMG hello to you all! It's so nice to see you all again! How have you been!

Three day weekend, 7 mile run last night at 8:09 pace, Yankees lost last night. All good things.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Full blown insomnia again!!! Hooray. As long as it isn't like 3 years ago when I didn't sleep for 9 months, (true story).
May I recommend a viewing of "Fight Club"?

:wave:
Today is my new Thursday. :disgust: Thermometer in the truck says its 39 degrees outside. Rode the scooter in this morning and I'm still trying to warm up. Got new tires for the Wrangler yesterday, cripes what a shocker that was. 4 new BFG's = mortgage. :shocked: Though I guess I can't complain too much, the last set I put on I bought in Oregon, so they were at least 8 years old. Winter is here too, at least according to the ache in the old wounds. :think:

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
OMG hello to you all! It's so nice to see you all again! How have you been!

Three day weekend, 7 mile run last night at 8:09 pace, Yankees lost last night. All good things.
you left out the fvcking flyers.

JetTeach

Monkey
Aug 18, 2011
Here's hoping my new bike comes in today. Looking forward to 2-4" of rain this weekend. We have had less than an inch all year long!

Side note: I finally got neg repped! :D

Secret Squirrel

There is no Justice!
Dec 21, 2004
Up sh*t creek, without a paddle
Head out for academy on Monday, so today is the last day at the "office". Got a birthday party for one of my daughter's friends on Saturday. Still have to collect a bunch of gear that I am going to need for the next 5 months. It's going to be a busy weekend!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Been at home sick for the past 2.5 days. The transformation of my voice from all nasally and stuffed up to partially gone to gruff has been a fun journey. Here's to hoping tomorrow brings better things, supposed to be attending a wedding. Good luck Brozeph at the Kahuna. :(

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Been at home sick for the past 2.5 days. The transformation of my voice from all nasally and stuffed up to partially gone to gruff has been a fun journey. Here's to hoping tomorrow brings better things, supposed to be attending a wedding. Good luck Brozeph at the Kahuna. :(
Thanks sweetie. Your presence will be sorely missed. Now get the F better so you can go back to doing fun things.

Drove the Jeep into work today, I could literally see the gas gauge dropping. Bah. And holy crap do I need new tires and a good alignment before the snow flies. Not looking forward to that $1k+ expenditure. :(

Leaving work around noonish today, dropping off a TV at my brother's apartment then picking up my friend's kids at school. Taking them to a cool comic book/video game store, then a quick REI trip. This weekend should be awesome.

Last edited:

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
HA, now I get to break your heart on the tires for your Jeep...... As of the first of OCT There was an increase on tire prices of 8% Across the board!!!!!

Sorry, but now I feel a little better.... I am going to go to work and cry now

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
HA, now I get to break your heart on the tires for your Jeep...... As of the first of OCT There was an increase on tire prices of 8% Across the board!!!!!

Sorry, but now I feel a little better.... I am going to go to work and cry now
Yea well......STFU :p

The good news is this will be the last set of tires I ever have to buy for the thing. It's got 130k miles now, I got ~70k miles out of the last set (BFG AT K/O), and now that I have my car I drive the Jeep at most 5k miles a year. Helps justify the cost, at least in my head.

KavuRider

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2006
CT
Morning.
Phone queue is already busy. Ugh...just got here.

Some guy on one of those deathtrap bicycle/moped home mods got upset with me this morning because I passed him. He was in the middle of a narrow road, in the dark, no lights/dark clothing. He's lucky I happened to see him, the truck behind me almost didn't.

JetTeach

Monkey
Aug 18, 2011
Yea well......STFU :p

The good news is this will be the last set of tires I ever have to buy for the thing. It's got 130k miles now, I got ~70k miles out of the last set (BFG AT K/O), and now that I have my car I drive the Jeep at most 5k miles a year. Helps justify the cost, at least in my head.
And BFG AT K/Os ain't cheap to start with. Try buying them in an 18" 10-ply version.

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Over 3 years and 1,200 posts on Ridemonkey and I've avoided a custom title all this time. Should I be happy or butthurt? :confused:
A little bit of both. it's been 4 (almost 5) years and nearly the same amount of posts. Haha. We're in the same boat haha.

JetTeach

Monkey
Aug 18, 2011
Lucky bastard
I just put 4 Toyo Open Country HT's on my truck for $1450.00 (285/75R16)
Ouch! I run load range E tires and went with a Pro Comp AT in that size before I went to an 18" tire. Absolutely LOVED them and very affordable too! Very similar to the BFG AT.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Welcome to teh :monkey:! Be sure to leave a long string of incoherent rage on the personal conversation page of whoever neg repped you, that seems to be the standard response. The next step is earning a "custom" title.
remember that time loco got so butt hurt he started a thread to call me immature... because i neg repped him in response to him neg repping me? :rofl:

and then he deleted the thread because he got even more butt hurt when i told him off?

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
remember that time loco got so butt hurt he started a thread to call me immature... because i neg repped him in response to him neg repping me? :rofl:

and then he deleted the thread because he got even more butt hurt when i told him off?
Best thing that ever happened to ridemonkey was him quitting his office job.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Wow! It's only 9am and this thing is 3 pages long! It's going to be a good day!

We did our finances last night and realized we are terrible with money after the bills get paid, so we grounded ourselves. It's really my secret plot to save up for a cool trip. I wanna go to one of these RM weekends and ride and drink beer with all you crazy fvks! :)

Happy Friday!!