Quantcast

Mexico Dh Race This Weekend!!

FFAT

Monkey
Oct 2, 2005
San Diego
Okay... the time has come! Ruben Garcia's Pista 13 Race is going down this weekend. I have yet to have ride a bad trail at Pista 13. Fast, techy and fun. After talking to everyone, we've agreed to get as much riding in as possible!

So if you want to ride... join in. Please bring extra bike parts that are laying around for the groms down there!

Here's our schedule:
Saturday
-7am Meet at the Burger King off the 805 and E Street/Bonita Road. When you exit the 805 south on E street/Bonita Road go west and you'll see the bikes on cars or in trucks awaiting.
-7:20am Leave for Mexico.
-9am Pick up lunch at grocery store
-9:30am Arrive at race course
-12noon Lunch
-1pm Ride again
-6pm Check into hotel
-6:04 Sleep... :rofl:

Sunday
-7am Eat
-8am Be at race course
-After race... Lobster dinner! Oh hell yeah...

Here's a rough $$ breakdown:
-two tolls there and two tolls back: $2:50 each
-entry fee: $20
-hotel: $35/two people
-food: +/- $5 meal

Please email me if you have any questions... ffatbiz@aol.com. Here's some pix for your viewing pleasure... :thumb:

manny

Attachments

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
yep, it does look moist, I will probably go snowboarding, if you have old crap parts or worn tires, the mexicans love them, so bring them. You have a great time if its you 1st time, Maybe I should go, those tacos are soooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!

Mar 9, 2005
SJCx3, CA
FFAT said:
-7:20am Leave for Mexico.
-9am Pick up lunch at grocery store
-9:30am Arrive at race course
-12noon Lunch
-1pm Ride again
-6pm Check into hotel
-6:04 Sleep... :rofl:

Sunday
-7am Eat
-8am Be at race course
-After race... Lobster dinner! Oh hell yeah...
manny
Just remember, this is Mexican time. Everything will be at least hour, hour and half later than expected. But I'm down, I'll be taking Bradical with me. JD isnt going, he is ditching us to hang out with some chicks. Bah!

Oct 8, 2005
Mexico
merrrrjig said:
you have old crap parts or worn tires, the mexicans love them, so bring them. You have a great time if its you 1st time, Maybe I should go, those tacos are soooooooooooooooooooooooooo good!
That sounded soooooooo racist... but its true, we love cheap, used junk :oink:

merrrrjig

Turbo Monkey
Dec 24, 2003
Mammoth Lakes, Ca
Looks like more snow than expected. and the guy is coming on saturday to fix my innernet. its been out for over a day, but luckly I have it at school! So im out for mexico, in for the snow

stephanie

Monkey
Dec 7, 2005
East County via East Coast
you guys missed out on a sweet race course! everyone had an awesome time, and the weather held out for us (it only rained overnight and when we left), which left the ground nice and tacky...

the push up was pretty long, but worth it...

expertos was won by none other than james mcneil...

manwithgun

Monkey
Nov 4, 2004
toughen up Alf, git yourself well; I think they're thowing two more races in April... What a great weekend we all had. It was my first trip down to Mexico with a bicycle and now I'm pumped to see what the other trails have to offer. The "Pista 13" course that we raced seemed to have all of the finer elements of downhill, steeps, rocks, berms, hecklers, cervezas y chicas. Just a few pedal strokes off the top, then trying to stay off the brakes for the next two minutes; NONE of that anaerobic burn-out that we've come to know out here. You can actually hold a grin and tell your warstory after crossing the line, rather than fall into cardiac arrest. oh yeah, and it's a "best of two" format so you can really give it.:dead:

Fonzie18

Turbo Monkey
manwithgun said:
toughen up Alf, git yourself well; I think they're thowing two more races in April... What a great weekend we all had. It was my first trip down to Mexico with a bicycle and now I'm pumped to see what the other trails have to offer. The "Pista 13" course that we raced seemed to have all of the finer elements of downhill, steeps, rocks, berms, hecklers, cervezas y chicas. Just a few pedal strokes off the top, then trying to stay off the brakes for the next two minutes; NONE of that anaerobic burn-out that we've come to know out here. You can actually hold a grin and tell your warstory after crossing the line, rather than fall into cardiac arrest. oh yeah, and it's a "best of two" format so you can really give it.:dead:
Damn, I missed out!!!!