Quantcast

Michelin tire users

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
I've done it several times with the single-ply xc tires. Worked fine, but the sidewalls are very thin & developed punctures often.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Hope you're not using the XCR tires. Very mediocre tires as far as grip and durability.
Oddly enough.... I'm currently using the XCR Dry2 tubeless and have been for quite sometime. They are pretty worn out right now but that's with almost 9 months of heavy use on them (lots of riding). They have been a good tire for around here. Predictable and roll fast.

The only complaint was that they were a touch on the narrow side. They are coming out with a 2.15 version that I was going to try out but they don't come in a tubeless version.

Joe Pozer

Mullet Head
Aug 22, 2001
Redwood City
I didn't have much luck with them. My XCR dry, that was on the back, lasted a total of three months before you could see Stans leaking through all the holes in the tire. The XCR AT, mounted up front, lasted a couple of months longer before the side knobs started ripping off.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
I didn't have much luck with them. My XCR dry, that was on the back, lasted a total of three months before you could see Stans leaking through all the holes in the tire. The XCR AT, mounted up front, lasted a couple of months longer before the side knobs started ripping off.
Back in the days of the green michelins, I went thru about 5 of those with the knobs ripping off in handfuls after a month or so of riding. (they just kept sending me new ones)

I was hesitant to try these because of that but have been pretty pleased.

Rockland

Turbo Monkey
Apr 24, 2003
Left hand path
Same thing here. XCR Mud, XCR X'Trem (or whatever one looked like a mini Comp 24), and the All Mtn; all hemoraging Stans.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've had the best luck with Hutchinson tires. My biggest problem has always been the actual stan's rimstrips sealing the rim. Got some Maxxis strips on the way, I hope they work better.

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
Just as a note, the AT tires last a very short time on hardpack. In Vermont and NJ, mine did fine, but were destroyed in CO. The newer versions are supposedly better in this respect.