Quantcast

Michelin Tires 2010

Raingauge

Monkey
Apr 3, 2008
Canadia
Btw 16s are the best tires in the world but I thought they will be cheaper now as they are not made in france anymore.
Fixed that for you.

For me they're the best all conditions tire I've ever ridden. They might be a little slow rolling on hard pack but they handle everything from dust, mud and roots without an issue.

Michelin's are the only tire I feel really confident running tubeless. I can usually mount a brand new UST Minion by hand; with Michelins if I don't use soap its not going on the rim. I've punctured one running too low a pressure but I've never blown a bead off a rim.

rockofullr

confused
Jun 11, 2009
East Bay, Cali
Way to go Michy.

I would have loved to check some of these out to replace my old C16s and C24s but you took too long and now I am running Maxxis for the season.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
More info that probably doesn't come as news to many: the wildgripper descent 2.6" is identical to the old 2.8 comp 32

Also, tires should finally be available. My buddy at Michelin said a palette finally shipped...I should have some new tires to play with in a week or two.
What will drive you insane is having both side by side in my shed and staring at them trying not to let your eyes trick you into believing the new one is not indeed.....smaller. :pilot:

Ooooh, tell our mutual friend I'd do anything to be back in the circle of trust when you talk to him.:p

Ian Collins

Turbo Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
Pacific Beach, San Diego, CA
What will drive you insane is having both side by side in my shed and staring at them trying not to let your eyes trick you into believing the new one is not indeed.....smaller. :pilot:

Ooooh, tell our mutual friend I'd do anything to be back in the circle of trust when you talk to him.:p
yeah, i'll probably cave and run that huge thing up front here and there....i'm quite interested to try the new wild rock'r....no interest in the tire that "replaces" comp 16...too dry stiff and rocky out here, and those sideknobs are super squirmy....great back east but not a good tire out here

i'll tell ralph you said hello