Quantcast

michelin tires and tubeless question

demo8razor

Monkey
Mar 31, 2008
I just did the ghetto tubeless thing with michelin dh 32 at tires they are on ex 325 rims, so not ust , i used a 20" tube and all that, mounted them and filled them with air, they do not leak, and i have not used any of my sealant concoction, should i use sealant anyway? or are they fine if they do not leak?

demo8razor

Monkey
Mar 31, 2008
ok cool thanks, burps, is that basically when it just lets air out through the bead without puncturing or anything? 2 cups or do u mean 2 like scoops? i have a mixture of things i used

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
ok cool thanks, burps, is that basically when it just lets air out through the bead without puncturing or anything? 2 cups or do u mean 2 like scoops? i have a mixture of things i used
Just put 2-3 ozs per tire and you should be fine!

Burping a tire is when you impact hard enough on a side to roll the bead and let air escape, it can also happen from too low of pressure and single plys. If you are running DH casings its unlikely unless you are running extremely low PSI. I run 22 psi on DH casings safely however dont run 15 on single plys! :D It rolls off the rim on high speed HARD corners.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
i would say the opposite.

if it works fine, leave it. the 325 has a decent bead lock doesn't it? so as long as you seat the tires properly the first time. i dont see any reason why would need sealant.

the rubber against rubber seal makes a really good one.

dhkid

Turbo Monkey
Mar 10, 2005
Malaysia
i am just saying he should decide him self. if he doesn't run sealant, and get a flat, then thats one run/ride lost. fill up with sealant, everyone is happy.

if you can get away with out running sealant? why not? saves a heck of a mess.

either way, not the end of the world. :)

neverwalk

Chimp
Sep 30, 2007
I'm running Michi's with a ghetto set up, WTB speed disks, 16 front 24 rear, and the rear leaks a tiny bit, the front's been fine. No sealant. They aired up very easily. One thing I noticed though, when the rear went flat 'cause I ignored it for 10 days, the tire was completely loose, in other words, the bead never really "locked" the way that my tubeless on my UST Mavic Crossmax SX's do. Makes you wonder about rolling a tire under hard cornering.....