Quantcast

Mid-West Monkey Fest...lets plan one!

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
You know he's got a point...

I officially rename this the WESTERN Monkeyfest.

Anyone know of any good rental places in the area? Theres OTE in Fruita, but they want upwards of 60 bucks for anything decent.

It's twelve bucks a night per campsite (If you don't want an electric hookup), but we need some defined dates if we're gonna make reservations.

Any PNW and Cali monkeys interested in showing their faces at this event? It's not that far from SoCal really :p

Mar 29, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
Okay i don't have the attention span for this. I'm down anywhere in the Desert haloween weekend. I would like to rock Virgin, UT personally. Maybe we could meet up with Shuntavi and he would let some ride his land (from MTBR).

Tony planned this, but I doubt he's got permission from his 'rents yet. But i'm game, I would like to get away from Denver, though.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Also, we should try and get people to bring any sort of homemade stunts that can fit into a truck, that way we can toy around at the campground in between parties and all that, haha.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
NoCoastFreeride said:
Okay i don't have the attention span for this. I'm down anywhere in the Desert haloween weekend. I would like to rock Virgin, UT personally. Maybe we could meet up with Shuntavi and he would let some ride his land (from MTBR).

Tony planned this, but I doubt he's got permission from his 'rents yet. But i'm game, I would like to get away from Denver, though.
Virgin utah would be way too far for me unless it was in the summer and well....considering I start school august 12th that's pretty much out of the question for me.

And yes Eric I asked my mom. She said she's out of town that weekend so I'm thinking that my options are go up with a neighbor of mine who rides(non-monkey), drive up myself(get my license Oct8th), drive to Denver and catch a ride with Eric, or have my dad take me, lol....most likely I'll be able to go.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Yeah, Virgin's a little far, and from what I've heard, Fruita's killer. Lets just keep it at Last weekend in October, Fruita. Roll call? Who would be willing to go?

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
xbluethunderx said:
Yeah, Virgin's a little far, and from what I've heard, Fruita's killer. Lets just keep it at Last weekend in October, Fruita. Roll call? Who would be willing to go?
NoCoastFreeride is probably going right Eric? I'm most likely going, just gotta figure out my ride situation even though there's like 5 different options for me. I'll probably bring a friend from down here up. Im sure there's atleast a dozen CO monkies that will probably go.

We seriously should have name tags though, just to show what our handles are from RM.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Nametags...yes...yes we should. I might be able to get another guy to go with me, I dunno. Would anyone want to go down that Thursday? I have it off, and why waste a perfectly good day of no school NOT in Fruita? :D

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
At this point, I'm a maybe. I'll see what the projected work load is at the beginning of October since I'm taking a day off next week and Oct.1 -- heading to Moab for the Skinny Tire Festival. That's right mutha bitches... I'm going to Moab to ride my road bike :blah:

If I do come and I'm alone and I can borrow my roommates bike rack, I can bring a couple people from Denver, like Tony... who's totally freaking me out by thinking that he's up for driving SIX HOURS straight having had his license for a total of THREE WEEKS :eek:

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
I'm a definite maybe. I will definitely make an effort to come out though! :thumb: Fruita is so nice! Maybe this time I can actually make it out to some of the trails on road 18. :mumble: Opie....I may even bring out the roadie so you aren't the lone road :monkey:.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
Morryjg said:
Opie....I may even bring out the roadie so you aren't the lone road :monkey:.
haha! Take that SS!

I'll bring my xc too... that's why I need my roomie's hitch rack, cuz my roof only holds two bikes at the moment.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
xbluethunderx said:
Nametags...yes...yes we should. I might be able to get another guy to go with me, I dunno. Would anyone want to go down that Thursday? I have it off, and why waste a perfectly good day of no school NOT in Fruita? :D
If I go I'll most likely be going on Friday afternoon after school...so leave around 3:30 or 4.

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
LordOpie said:
At this point, I'm a maybe. I'll see what the projected work load is at the beginning of October since I'm taking a day off next week and Oct.1 -- heading to Moab for the Skinny Tire Festival. That's right mutha bitches... I'm going to Moab to ride my road bike :blah:

If I do come and I'm alone and I can borrow my roommates bike rack, I can bring a couple people from Denver, like Tony... who's totally freaking me out by thinking that he's up for driving SIX HOURS straight having had his license for a total of THREE WEEKS :eek:
Dont worry, I most likely wont be driving by myself since I doubt my mom would even let me drive to Denver alone, hahaha. Chances are I'm gonna headup with a buddy of mine from down here so we can switch driving. I drove down to AngelFire from here, which is like....4 and a half hours.

WheelieMan

Monkey
Feb 6, 2003
kol-uh-RAD-oh
Fruita has some really good stuff, I would deffinately recommend it. If youre looking at doing more epic type rides though, moab will be more fun. Well at least you would have the option only being an hour from moab. I would love to make it out there, but the chances are even slimmer than jared from subway.

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
Highline looks to be the best. We can reserve them if we can get a tentative count of who's coming and whatever. I need a rental bikey...I'm not in the mood to take my XC race bike...

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
I mentioned this to the wife last night and got a solid "maybe". At least it wasn't a no! Last weekend in Oct sounds as good as any for me. I would be very interested in this, but by no means should this be construed as a "yes". Some friends of mine are starting to talk about a Moab/Fruita trip in Oct also, so I'll see what their plans are. I'll keep working on the wife...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
pixelninja said:
I mentioned this to the wife last night and got a solid "maybe". At least it wasn't a no! Last weekend in Oct sounds as good as any for me. I would be very interested in this, but by no means should this be construed as a "yes". Some friends of mine are starting to talk about a Moab/Fruita trip in Oct also, so I'll see what their plans are. I'll keep working on the wife...
We have a group that'll probably be heading out there in Oct or early Nov - just not Halloween w/e. With the kids Halloween is a family holiday for me. :D

-S.S.-

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Alright, so so far its looking like these people are going...

xbluethunderx
pixelninja(maybe)
mtnbkr4235
NoCoastFreeride
LordOpie(maybe)
morryjg(maybe)
Bldr_Freerider(maybe)

Who else?