Quantcast

>>>Middle Derp GMT<<<

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Work. Left my coffee on the counter this morning. Fail.

It seems to be bike night, which means I have a cooler full of beer here at work. The temptation is strong.

Oh and would you look at that, blue skies and no rain in the forecast (until tonight).

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Off road triathlon last night turned into an off road duathlon last night (run/bike/run) on account of thunder and lightning. It never rained though. I had a good race...personal bests on the bike and run courses. What a difference 65 degree weather makes instead of the usual 90 and humid. I finished 21 overall and 4th in my age group. I'm not happy 20 guys keep beating me (well 18 guys and 2 chicks), but I am working on it.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
In Columbia Falls Montana getting ice and gas. Listening to the Meat Puppets "What to Do". No service where we are camping. Rode yesterday on a trail 12 miles from the Canadian border. Have a good day y'all. Headed back to camp about 50 up river.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

After about 10 inches of rain for this month here in central NC, we've been enjoying 3 beautiful days of sunshine and low humidity - which for central NC in the middle of summer is unheard of. My son & I went out a did a little fishing after I got home from work, and had a great time...the beer was cold and fish were biting. If that's not a line from a country song, then butter my biscuit.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Thought this week had turned for the better until I called the bank and they told me they were returning the check my wife deposited yesterday for the sale of the apartment due to lack of endorsement on the checks. She went into a ATM at the bank to deposit instead of a teller. So now the bank is returning the checks to the address where we do not live. In a country were we will not be after Friday :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Thought this week had turned for the better until I called the bank and they told me they were returning the check my wife deposited yesterday for the sale of the apartment due to lack of endorsement on the checks. She went into a ATM at the bank to deposit instead of a teller. So now the bank is returning the checks to the address where we do not live. In a country were we will not be after Friday :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Sounds like you should have updated your mailing address

or signed the checks

or used a teller

or hung around until the money cleared

Why the fuck are you even dealing with checks? I have only ever used direct transfers for such exchanges.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
You need a bank with electronic deposit from a cell phone ap. You would just need to sign the check and take a new photo. Come to 2017 young man

Sucks though

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
You need a bank with electronic deposit from a cell phone ap. You would just need to sign the check and take a new photo. Come to 2017 young man

Sucks though
Those usually have fairly small maximum deposit amounts, at least in relation to NYC real estate deals.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
That sounds like a too important transaction to handle via an ATM. Oh well, look at the silver lining - you have something tangible to bully your wife with, for the rest of this month. Good luck!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Haley's bike will be done tonight hopefully. I think I might have put the wrong race onto the fork, because cheap cage bearing headsets have two races, and I selected the wrong one, so it might be delayed. She might be getting the cheapest sealed bearing that I can find because this thing has pissed me off multiple times now.

I rode the new CX bike in today and it felt a lot better than the Look. It bb is a bit higher, but the stiffness is noticeable. I was able to get away with a light pack, even with my laptop, so I might be able to get away without paniers.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Good Morning!

After about 10 inches of rain for this month here in central NC, we've been enjoying 3 beautiful days of sunshine and low humidity - which for central NC in the middle of summer is unheard of. My son & I went out a did a little fishing after I got home from work, and had a great time...the beer was cold and fish were biting. If that's not a line from a country song, then butter my biscuit.
It has indeed been glorious. Beers on the porch/windows open in the evenings weather for sure.

Just derping along through the day . . . pondering a DH day on Friday . . .

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Brutal.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Bought a tech stock for the growth potential and div rate of 4%. Today, the price shot up almost 8%, so I traded out for a 15% gain (ignoring the divs I received while holding).

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. I rode a short loop at White Ranch this morning. Still can't catch @Full Trucker's Strava ghost but had a good time. Weekdays >> weekends, even though there are just as many off-leash dogs and clueless dog owners per capita.