Quantcast

@@@Middle finger GMT@@@

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Yo yo yo.

It is going to be another BALLS hot and humid day.

It is group ride night, which I am extra excited for. I'm also bringing out my buddy for said ride, for his first ride of the year. Should be great.

For tonight's post ride grill off, I will be supplying water melon and some Portobello mushrooms for the grill.

Now to just power through this work crap.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
That is a nice looking Colnago @eric strt6

Need to press in new linkage bearings today and set up a new loaner shock on my bike. My current shock needs an oil change badly. Hoping to have it back in 2 weeks or so.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Man my bank is making me work for this refinance. Now I have to request a letter from my former employer stating that they used an outside payroll firm as my W2 doesn't have the employer's name on it, only the payroll company.

Also met with the wife's new employer last night. Both dentists and it showed. $1.6M 7,000 square foot house. Now that's dentist money for sure.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Morning monkies! The humidity has blown away and my balls are fine... this afternoon's ride will be dirt on the Giggle Pig.

In other horrible news, my admin is on vacation for 2 weeks and I have no idea how to do my job. I should probably pay more attention. I did master voice yesterday but I'm iffy on shielding myself from minutia.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Late night out hitting the town for our anniversary, up ealry to take the women-folk up to Mt Rushmore, then scenic De Smet, South Dakota to go see one of Pa Ingles homesteads because my little girl was super into the little house on the prairie books. As per our usual vacation tradition, stuff in the house is already breaking. Woke up with no internet and our router appears to be tango uniform. Fingers crossed that nothing else takes a shit while we are gone.

Also met with the wife's new employer last night. Both dentists and it showed. $1.6M 7,000 square foot house. Now that's dentist money for sure.
How many dust covered Yeti's did they own?

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Well, Subaru did it again...thus far I have gotten a free motor due to oil consumption issues, got a free clutch due to said poor new motor installation and now motor has to be pulled again due to leaking oil from bad installation as well. I know dropping a new motor in is complex work, but still...

On an upbeat note, we began our Tuesday BMX racing series at the local track. Our race (46-50 cruiser) was entertaining as hell due to 3 of us battling it out inches from each other in the last straight. Glad I'm back on the body armor! Ewan did well in his 1st intermediate local race with a 2nd. 1st place was a fast young lady with a NAG (national name age gender) #1 plate!

BONUS! crazy ass '2nd place face' from NYS qualifier race Sunday 7/10! DEEZ EYEZ!

Last edited:

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning IIRC! Last night I jogged six miles around some trails before the wife had to race on them, then she went out and won her age group in the race (off road sprint tri). I've got an Olympic tri Sunday and am saving my legs, so I was on sherpa duty. Celebrated with burritos and fajitas after.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
One more than me :(
That's just sad. :(

Well, Subaru did it again...thus far I have gotten a free motor due to oil consumption issues, got a free clutch due to said poor new motor installation and now motor has to be pulled again due to leaking oil from bad installation as well. I know dropping a new motor in is complex work, but still...
People wonder why I'll never buy another Subaru. :rolleyes:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Balls hot here today. Evening group ride will be interesting since my legs could barely turn the cranks last night.
Anyone got a tip for some good 'roids? :think:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Got here at 7 and there were 2 damn spaces left and I barely wedged the truck into the gooder of the 2. dear lord, I wish I had other options. I keep telling myself I'll be here until I die, so moving will be soooo worth it soon. Real Estate is damn crazy here, WTF!

/oldmanrant

<edit> Meeting for half the day, ugh.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Giving dentist my insurance monies this morning. On the upside they are less than a mile away in my 'hood so I pedaled there in my "trust me I'm a doctor" t shirt.

Working 1-5 this afternoon. Likely mowing lawn before then.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip.
What in the fucking fuck do you do with 7K square feet?

If I had that kinda cash, I'd have a condo in like 5 different nice locations...

<snip>
People wonder why I'll never buy another Subaru. :rolleyes:
Subaru and Jeep - you are a glutton for punishment. :D

Reminds me - I really need to get the Subaru in the garage registered and a new battery in... just so I can take it to the shop to get the power steering pump replaced. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
What in the fucking fuck do you do with 7K square feet?
Whatever the fuck you want?

I was at my GF's dad's bosses' house a couple years ago for a party. GIANT $2mil house, tennis court, giant infinity pool, 3 Ferraris in the garage and in the middle of building a FUCKING SHARK TANK IN THE KITCHEN.

It must be a rich people thing.

Edit - came across this gem......all that on .86 acres :confused::rofl:
http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/60-Tupelo-Rd-Swampscott-MA-01907/56967917_zpid/

Last edited:

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I would love to move into an unfurnished, 7,000sqft house with my current assets and salary. It took a couple years before my modest ~1,500sqft house stopped echoing from lack of furniture/gadgets when I moved in.

I'd probably dedicate an entire floor to a pump track.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I think the correct answer is probably closer to, "Ummm... well, nothing mostly."

But yeah - imagine having the problem of having so much money that you literally have no idea what to do with it all.

SHARK TANK IN THE KITCHEN!!
this is down the street from me. i pass by it almost every day, you'd never know it just driving down the road, you can barely see the house.

http://www.phillymag.com/property/2014/09/18/flatland-estate-going-9-milllion/

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1248-Pawlings-Rd_Phoenixville_PA_19460_M47803-09544#photo5

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
I only got to see part of the main floor and part of the basement, but it is a 5 bed 5 bath joint. Basement had a massive leather sectional couch facing the 110" projector screen with surround sound. Pool table, Foosball table, video game console, full kitchen minus stove, indoor golf simulator. Property had a pool and pool house with full accommodations in there. I mean, it was nice, but I'm not sure it was that kind of money nice.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In "Get Off My Lawn" news... went to "community night" soccer last night with my oldest kid (Columbine Football Club) and proceeded to fuck up my left quad. Eff. Too soon after the Sunday bike ride, apparently. :mad:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Morning Monkeys.

Got here at 7 and there were 2 damn spaces left and I barely wedged the truck into the gooder of the 2. dear lord, I wish I had other options. I keep telling myself I'll be here until I die, so moving will be soooo worth it soon. Real Estate is damn crazy here, WTF!

/oldmanrant

<edit> Meeting for half the day, ugh.
call me crazy, but couldn't you get a smaller vehicle? maybe even a motorcycle? (just be careful not to flip it - that would be bad)

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Halfway through the California Trip™ and it's been awesome. Been camped out near Mammoth, riding a bit. Went hiking and sight seeing in Yosemite yesterday, and it's pretty dang neat.

#clappinyohalfdome

Having a beer while soaking in a river at the top of two waterfalls.

About to go ride the bike park for the afternoon, grab beers with kidwoo, maybe find a hot spring, then it's off to Tahoe tomorrow morning.

#funemployment #laidoffgameon

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Home for lunch. I've also decided to upgrade the Giant and GT to Pikes by the end of the month. Just for kicks I will see if my LBS can match the average on line price. Also my parking spot is reserved... booya!

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
Halfway through the California Trip™ and it's been awesome. Been camped out near Mammoth, riding a bit. Went hiking and sight seeing in Yosemite yesterday, and it's pretty dang neat.

#clappinyohalfdome

Having a beer while soaking in a river at the top of two waterfalls.

About to go ride the bike park for the afternoon, grab beers with kidwoo, maybe find a hot spring, then it's off to Tahoe tomorrow morning.

#funemployment #laidoffgameon
Meh.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
call me crazy, but couldn't you get a smaller vehicle? maybe even a motorcycle? (just be careful not to flip it - that would be bad)
My car is waiting on a clutch and a motorcycle will be my "bonus" reward at the end of the year. The only real issue with motorcycles is the weather. There are only about 6 good months worth of riding here, but still worth it. My truck is paid for and I haven't justified a "newish" truck yet with the other expenses taking precedence (next truck will be diesel running B99).

The plan will be to move closer next off season and I will either mass transit or bike to the office. Taking mass transit now would involve 2 different transit systems, cost $10 a day, and take 90+ minutes each way. Really not having that unless there was no other option. I have considered putting the bike in the back of the truck, driving to the park and ride and ride the rest of the way in. Cut gas in half and save $13 a day parking. I might do that soon, actually.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
What are all these model numbers you keep on yammering about?