Quantcast

Middle of the week GMT

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Up to the north part of Metro today. Get to spend the day with PD at a new city then rush back here for class insurance for the exam.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hey kids!
heading to work in a minute. Got the new power hub working last night with fresh batteries. Need to switch tires around and off we go. Still need a cassette before I can sell off the QR.

soccer shit this evening. I get to take part in sorting players into teams for next year. Hoping I can get my daughter up a rung and off the booger eaters.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Hey there, little buddies. I took my ROAD BIKE off the trainer yesterday and attempted to ride it outside for a change but that thing has got some issues. It won't shift into the big ring, and the back end is making a loud grinding noise no matter what gear I am in. I even tried a different rear wheel and that didn't help. So I put the bike back on the trainer and did an easy hour indoors with no grinding. It's a carbon Madone 6.5 so it's not like it's some piece of shit beater. I'll probably need to take the bike to the shop for a tune up. Or just leave in on the trainer. Whatever. Coffee.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Canada must still be on fire. Can smell smoke again. Funny how like 9 fires can start all at once...

Nuggets win the final. Woo Hoo! Even if you don't like basketball, this is historic for Colorado.

Going to Steamboat tomorrow/this weekend for Father's Day vaca. Let's hope trails are open. You never know on opening weekend. They have the best big line jump trail in the state if you can believe that. IMO at least :)

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

It's flag day and we can't find a representative from the Space Force to raise their flag for today's ceremony. My guess is I will be asked to and I will try my best to keep a straight face. My Im not making any promises.

I get to learn about Time Sensitive Networking today, yay! :nerd: It's our next big upgrade and it's supposed to be all that.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Morning Monkeys.

It's flag day and we can't find a representative from the Space Force to raise their flag for today's ceremony. My guess is I will be asked to and I will try my best to keep a straight face. My Im not making any promises.

I get to learn about Time Sensitive Networking today, yay! :nerd: It's our next big upgrade and it's supposed to be all that.
Clearly you need to go find a star trek uniform for the occasion.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Clearly you need to go find a star trek uniform for the occasion.
YANG (Yet Another Next Generation) data modeling language. Learn something new every day. :rofl:

Have I mentioned how this new gig is kicking my ass? I needed it and it's good for me. But it's an ass kicker.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
In waiting room for a liver mri, to see if my liver has defattened along with the rest of me

then a ride later. Perhaps just Apex/Enchanted. or maybe even just riding to REI for a few returns as I’m kind of tired.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Went for a run yesterday evening with a local run club along the beach and Holy Lord Jeebus did the humidity kill. I can't even imagine doing something stupid like an ironman in those conditions. FUCK THAT. A Pina Colada at the bar next to the running store probably saved my life.

Then the smoke detector went off twice for no apparent reason last night. Two quick short bursts both times about 45 minutes apart. Full house inspection both times, no smoke or fires noted, but it definitely got the heart going when I was trying to sleep. Kid never even woke up. Will probably need extra coffee today.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Betterish news on the kart front. Haley's new kart should be ready Monday or Tuesday of next week.

And the brand Haley currently has is effectively not replaceable the way the insurance company wants. They don't sell frames - just rolling chassis. Which means that the only option would be a discounted chassis. The shop said if they were replacing just a frame they would charge way more labor time because they don't get the profit margin on the kart itself and it still takes 8hrs to build. So it sounds like there is a bunch more positive on that front.

The trailer payout was only $300, so everything I got for my hitch is going to buy a new trailer for my friend.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My race seat office chairs recline function has somehow failed, I need to pull it apart and investigate. I've been wanting to order fake Recaro's to upgrade my office chair and driving sim rig, but too many other projects. If I can't fix it, upgrade time.