Quantcast

Midwest/Midsouth Monkeyfest - Arkansas, June 2-4 2006

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
The first official Midwest/Midsouth Monkeyfest will June 2-4 at Devil's Den State Park in northwest Arkansas. There is a DH course with an easy shuttle and extensive XC riding trails.

Camping is free in the national forest (primitive) or for a small fee in the state campground (with facilities). The DH trail is in the national forest, while the XC stuff is right by the state campground. You can reserve spots in the state campground by calling 479.761.3325.

Any questions?

J

JRB

I have been thinking of suggesting something in AR sometime in april or may, before it gets hot.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
loco said:
I have been thinking of suggesting something in AR sometime in april or may, before it gets hot.
Well, this event could go off without me, but I can't commit to anything until after May 27th. I have a trail marathon that day and my weekends are filled with long training runs.

J

JRB

It turns out that I learned that the only monkey that is willing to hang out with me already does, so I don't suppose I should be involved in a monkeyfest.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
It is a bit early for the pity party, isn't it?

I hung out with N8, that pretty much means I am willing to give anyone a chance. :rofl:

J

JRB

DNA said:
It is a bit early for the pity party, isn't it?

I hung out with N8, that pretty much means I am willing to give anyone a chance. :rofl:
hahaha - I was just mocking someone from another thread. Sorry. I may just be able to make it up twice this spring/summer.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
DNA said:
canyon lake new brunsfuls (speeling off)
list of activities:

mountain biking Madrone Trail (nice)
Road biking in the NB area (hilly)
Swimming in the Lake
Toobing down the river
BBQing
Stoopid bike tricks
MOVIE NIGHT!
and more events to come.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
The Toninator said:
canyon lake new brunsfuls (speeling off)
list of activities:

mountain biking Madrone Trail (nice)
Road biking in the NB area (hilly)
Swimming in the Lake
Toobing down the river
BBQing
Stoopid bike tricks
MOVIE NIGHT!
and more events to come.
While New Braunfels is an awesome area (my grandparents used to live there), it is a bit far for the northern/southeastern folks. NW Arkansas is 6-8 hours from Kansas, Illinois, Missouri, Tennessee, Texas, Lousiana, etc.

The Toninator

Muffin
Jul 6, 2001
High(ts) Htown
DNA said:
While New Braunfels is an awesome area (my grandparents used to live there), it is a bit far for the northern/southeastern folks. NW Arkansas is 6-8 hours from Kansas, Illinois, Missouri, Tennessee, Texas, Lousiana, etc.
It's my understanding that Mojofest draws more people than The Fat Tire Fest in Crested Butte.
Ok i just made that up but a rumor has to start somewhere.

Angus

Jack Ass Pen Goo Win
Oct 15, 2004
South Bend
I like the Devils Den Idea, nice trails close to lodging and its about 2 hours from my house so none of you fluckers will be tempted to stay at my place.....

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Yeah, it is part of the latest addition to my almost complete half sleeve.

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Alright then, let's make it Devil's Den. It has good XC and DH trails, free camping in the Natl. Forest or cheap, luxurious camping in the State campground.

After thinking about this for a bit, it would probably be best if we didn't do this over a race weekend. That way there would be more time to goof off and nobody would have to worry about being "on" to race.

What works best for y'all:

(1) first or second weekend in June
(2) first or second weekend in September

J

JRB

I am certainly looking forward to meeting Cooter, so I will be in, stupid looking hat in tow. :thumb:

J

JRB

The best part will be watching Laura how annoying I am in person. No exit button, no ignore feature. It's gonna rock.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
loco said:
The best part will be watching Laura how annoying I am in person. No exit button, no ignore feature. It's gonna rock.

more evidence of your ill communication.

I won't be there if you will.

J

JRB

You should plan to not go then, Laura. Sad, since I would like to meet you and Fred, but indicators as of late are causing that desire to shift. Later.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
loco said:
You should plan to not go then, Laura. Sad, since I would like to meet you and Fred, but indicators as of late are causing that desire to shift. Later.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh please. don't be so dramatic. I'm a bitch, its one of my more endearing qualities. If I didn't like you, I would just ignore you. :love:

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
loco said:
laura said:
more evidence of your ill communication.

I won't be there if you will.
loco said:
laura said:
BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh please. don't be so dramatic. I'm a bitch, its one of my more endearing qualities. If I didn't like you, I would just ignore you. :love:
Cat fight!