Quantcast

%@% Midwocke%@^

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Foster dog slept well last night, thank god. I was up at 5:00 and hit the high school track for an hour. Still feeling the ski trip in my legs. Today is a WFH day and I have no meetings, so it's basically a day off, lmfao.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Consulting is hilarious. . . BS a person for an hour and get paid a stupid amount. . . why yes I will do that.

Delivering a big load of seed later. Hopefully last semi of seed to arrive Friday.

Also, HOLY SHIT ITS MAY, I am not ready for the next three weeks and lack of sleep I will get. . .

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
watching ucla protests turn into thunderdome most of the night....

jesus.

:nope:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
full disclosure: the last reorg (which took effect Jan 1) was handled so poorly that its being remediated in under 6 months. the two SLT members who did it are having their positions eliminated.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Dropping Wifey's car for service. Hannah's with me before school. Challenge accepted.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
Germ tube home this morning. Outside chance of ride this evening.

it would be a lot funnier if i didn't work for a fortune 50 company.
I was gonna say that your whole fucking industry is squirrelly right now, but it’s not just there. I get to stick my nose into R&D, QC, production, etc. in a lot of different industries. It’s been pretty depressing to see how many good solid outfits have gone to shit in the last decade. Honestly, outside of some crazy high end additive manufacturing job shops I don’t see many places anymore that make me think, “fuckin a! I wanna work here!”

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I was gonna say that your whole fucking industry is squirrelly right now, but it’s not just there. I get to stick my nose into R&D, QC, production, etc. in a lot of different industries. It’s been pretty depressing to see how many good solid outfits have gone to shit in the last decade. Honestly, outside of some crazy high end additive manufacturing job shops I don’t see many places anymore that make me think, “fuckin a! I wanna work here!”
honest to god the only reason i haven't quit or really started actively looking for a new job is because i know it would be the same BS (or worse) if i took the same role at a different company. i'm evaluating a total career change.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
honest to god the only reason i haven't quit or really started actively looking for a new job is because i know it would be the same BS (or worse) if i took the same role at a different company. i'm evaluating a total career change.
Good for you on that last part.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
I now have slightly less disdain for people who go through airport security with random shit in their carry-ons.

Just got my bag searched, bc I left a bunch of v-blocks, a jeweler’s vice and a suspension link from a gostraightturnleft car in my backpack. Derp.