Quantcast

Mike Hopkins' Norco Aurum: 11 Exclusive HQ Photos...Sickest DH Bike Ever?

Ridemonkey.com

News & Reviews
Jun 26, 2009
norco 23.jpg
When Mike Hopkins signed with Norco bicycles we were all left wondering what bike the Vancouver based company could muster up that would look good in the movies on on print...well, here's a high quality look at what the Norco team came up with, custom painting one of the sickest builds in the industry.
---

Photos by David Peacock

norco 10.jpg
The word on the street is that this might be the paint adorning next year's Aurum...we can only hope.

norco 3.jpg
Matching sponsor stickers are a must, Hopkins does it better than most.

norco 9.jpg
Remember to click the photos to make them BIG.

norco 8.jpg
Four pistons of brand new Saint stopping power will be used occasionally in case of emergency, but otherwise they just look pretty.

norco 7.jpg
Monster green and baby blue...an ironic combo, but it works!

norco 6.jpg

norco 5.jpg

norco 4.jpg
Hopkins is on the Gravity program for 2012 for bars, stems and grips. Gravity Light bars come in at 800mm wide and the direct mount stem pairs perfectly with the new 888s. Hopkins has stubby little arms and fingers, so keeping the cockpit short and maneuverable is key...

norco 1.jpg

norco 2.jpg
Make it BIG for a better look.

norco 11.jpg
For now its back in the box and off to different film shoots. Hopkins has already been around the globe a few times this year, so expect to see this ride in magazines and on the web a lot this year.

In case you missed it, here's the build video for the bike that gives you an idea for what Mike will be putting his Aurum through this year...

[fblike]http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250470&p=3790191#post3790191[/fblike]

baca262

Monkey
Aug 16, 2011
oh well, it's not that bad compared to how most bikes looked like when bender was "the ****".

epic

Turbo Monkey
Sep 15, 2008
I think that bike is gorgeous. Almost as nice as the last gen. Lapierres which I think are the pinnacle of DH bike aesthetics. The fact that it is in Fat Chance team colors just makes it better. Maybe next they can do one in Celeste. I'd probably have to buy a Celeste one.

Udi

RM Chief Ornithologist
Mar 14, 2005
You guys are being a bit harsh, I think the sponsor stickers messily plastered all over the swingarm look sick.

Sickest ever.