Quantcast

Millennium Falcon in action

Metal

President of FRONJ
Oct 17, 2001
Orange County, CA
Been riding the moto a bunch lately, but decided to dust it off my trusty DH bike for a couple shuttle runs over the weekend. I've traveled quite a bit and have been involved in some sketchy shuttling operations, but this one takes the cake. 7 peope and 7 bikes in/on a Volkswagen Scirocco dubbed the "Millennium Falcon."

Let's see your sketchy shuttle pictures.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Awesome! I've been shuttled, for snowboarding, on the hood...sketchy to say the least

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
This reminds me of Sundays Top Gear episode where the proved you do not need a big SUV to cross an African country. Nice car.

Stoked

Turbo Monkey
Nov 28, 2004
LI, NY
gully

dh'ing a few years ago, i got lost at platekill w/ a buddy. we had to hitch back to the lifts holding onto the back of a pickup. good times.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Both pics are crazy. My friend just got a Buick Park Avenue. He said he can fit two bike in the trunk w/ the wheel off and one in the back seat.

He's thinking about getting a hitch put on.

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
You probably needed people on the hood just to give the front tires traction.
well, actually the suspension wasn't very stiff to begin with, so with 7 people we'd actually already bottomed it out in both ends :lighten:

it was an exciting drive up, especially when the trailer started ripping off the car, but we made it in the end :monkeydance:

blue

boob hater
Jan 24, 2004
california
I seem to remember 7 guys being crammed into a GTI with bikes on the back to go to Sea Otter...not quite shuttle, but not quite not sketch.

Sadly, no pics of it loaded...

sayndesyn

Turbo Monkey
More sausage than a Denny's special.

Been riding the moto a bunch lately, but decided to dust it off my trusty DH bike for a couple shuttle runs over the weekend. I've traveled quite a bit and have been involved in some sketchy shuttling operations, but this one takes the cake. 7 peope and 7 bikes in/on a Volkswagen Scirocco dubbed the "Millennium Falcon."

Jun 11, 2004
This was at Windrock, TN. Shuttled with the jeep (could do 3 bikes up front and 4 in the back).........slept in the RV! :busted:

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
I seem to remember 7 guys being crammed into a GTI with bikes on the back to go to Sea Otter...not quite shuttle, but not quite not sketch.

Sadly, no pics of it loaded...
That's James' car, right? Casa Munras, baby! That was what, 3 years ago?

paranoid56

Monkey
May 23, 2004
San Diego, CA

Looks like the woolfsberg edition too :D need the euro headlights :D
other then that, damn thats a lot of people :D

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
I'm impressed with the VW. Wow.

Here is my best. 15 people shuttling with my 1/2 ton truck. The frame was sitting on the bumps stops when I got out to take the picture. We have done 20 in Brady's (Taz) truck though.

or even a few more in this nice rig for $19.95 a day.

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
^^^ Will that be tagging along next weekend??
Trailer: Yes

Uhaul: No

Brady is pulling the trailer with his truck.

Right now, I think we are full. That said, I would expect some room by noon on Saturday when some people start to take breaks. There might be competition for spots though since I am hearing that there will be 50+ people there. Who knows, maybee over 100 people.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
No pictures, but we were overloaded at bootleg one day so one guy got towed up each run with a broomhandle and a long bike lock attatched to the ball hitch of a 2 door old explorer.