Quantcast

mini Or MONO 4??

spalm12

Chimp
Feb 25, 2006
What do ya'll think of these brakes for a light duty dh/aggressive trail bike? The only reason i say the mini's is because of the low weight, but do not know if anyone has experience with these. I know the Mono 4's will suffice. But would also like feed back on Hope Disc Brakes in general. Thank You - Happy Trails

Yev

Chimp
Dec 17, 2005
i have m6's , they are awsome for my DH rig. I would say go for the m4's with a light DH/trail bike

Hougham

Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Mono Mini are very good and very light. If you get the top end Minis they have Ti pistons and can stand a lot more heat. I just got a Mono 4 pot and am very happy with it. It replaced my old Ti 6 pot. My Ti 6 pot was still working fine. It was easily the most powerful and controllable bike brake I had ever used too. You could stop using one finger from any speed. But I am doing the same as you and looking to loose some weight. I would recommend the light weight rotors with alloy middles.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
i run a mono mini in the rear of my sunday with a 6 inch rotor. it does its task of slowing/ stopping. Its nearly as good as a magura gustav with the larger rear rotor. i am getting the m4 for a front brake soon as i sell my gustavs.

spalm12

Chimp
Feb 25, 2006
Nice, yeah i was thinking of doing a M4 in the front 7" and then a mini 6" in the back. By the way those new mini pro's or whatever w/ the carbon levers are by far the prettiest brakes i've ever seen.

Monkeybidnezz

Turbo Monkey
Dec 16, 2003
Pac NW
I have M4's and have been happy overall. I wish they had the same power as the Codes, but it will suffice until I change them out. I have ridden my bro's bike with the Mini's, and must say I was underwhelmed with them with the 6" rotors. I got the crap scared of me riding them on some fast twisty single track. I couldn't stop like I was used to with my M4's and XT's...

Hougham

Monkey
Mar 28, 2007
Its strange you say that as I found the Codes to be quite lacking. There not up to Saint, Hayes9 or M4 power for me. The thing that was most shocking to me was not that they felt a bit down on power but the amount of lever movement. At first I though there was something wrong with them but after consulting several people and trying a few other people it turns out that is the way they are apparently. Hence back to the hopes.