Quantcast

Minnaar and Bryceland at Oakley pump track

HaveFaith

Monkey
Mar 11, 2006
Nice Stik, been meaning to get out there and ride.

A few constructive comments. The tight in shots are tough to follow when the background was a really choppy mix of trees and sky. Really confused my eye.

To keep the interest up, try not to keep the same framing with consecutive shots. I think you were going for a bit of a sequence with that one berm shot with BMXers, Minaar and Bryceland, but it ended up degrading the feel of the vid.

Keep it up! If this video game is at all similar to your photo story, then I wouldnt be surprised to see your vids floating around getting thousands of hits and tons of admirers in no time.

Colin

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Colin, thanks for the tips. I got a long way to go in that realm but it sure is fun. Cedric is in town and will be doing something with him wed or thurs so I hope to get another crack at some talent.
Thanks again.

dropmachine

Turbo Monkey
Sep 7, 2001
Your face.
I think the vid was a great first shot, but Minnaar is a cheating bastard. He kept pedalling :D

Will trade kidneys for 1/10th of Minnaars skills.

Kanye West

220# bag of hacktastic
Aug 31, 2006
When they come in close and too big for the FOV, follow the wheels or the cranks, instead of the riders head. I think you did that in most of the shots, but I see a LOT of production videos that do this and it pretty much bites. Doesn't show what the rider is actually doing, since the action is at the wheels.

Oh, and get Bryceland a cheeseburger or ten.