Quantcast

Minnaar Helmet

Dylan

Monkey
Jan 25, 2002
San Diego area, California, USA
sorry for the double posting of this, but i think the other post ( "Sweet Pics of Minnar...") got lost being that it's a pretty old post. Anyway, here's some pics of his new lid. Expect to see a chromed variation of this one (w/ slight differences), and another....haven't really decided what i'm doin yet)....but it'll be the same colors.

Cheers,

-D-

Dylan

Monkey
Jan 25, 2002
Originally posted by LOOnatic
Thats a sic scheme.

Quick ? about the fin.
Is it a stick on like the Troy Lee for Moto helmets or is it a Bell item?
Thanks! yeah, that's a TLD stabilizer. Since i'm still new to the biz, i'm not making my own visors & stabilizers yet.

Originally posted by thaflyinfatman
Awesome work, how long does it take to paint a helmet up like that?
also thanks! normal turn-around-time varies, but we normally quote 5-8 weeks to be on the safe side. this one was actually done quickly since i didn't want Greg to show up in his first "international" race w/ an unpainted lid.

hmmm...now if i can only get myself a painted helmet....that would rule!!!

LukeD

Monkey
Sep 9, 2001
Massachusetts
Originally posted by Dylan
hmmm...now if i can only get myself a painted helmet....that would rule!!!
lol i hear ya bro, i restore cars (hotrods) and paint motorcycles, goalie masks and helmets all day...my downhill helmet isn't painted, i have no motorcycle, my new goalie mask is unpainted and i drive the biggest POS '92 oldsmobile on the planet. lol funny how that works huh?

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Originally posted by LukeD
lol i hear ya bro, i restore cars (hotrods) and paint motorcycles, goalie masks and helmets all day...my downhill helmet isn't painted, i have no motorcycle, my new goalie mask is unpainted and i drive the biggest POS '92 oldsmobile on the planet. lol funny how that works huh?
Every electrician I know has a light switch in his house that doesn't work. Every carpetlayer has ****ty carpet, heck, I even know accountants who can't balance a checkbook properly.

Don't feel bad. No one likes to be working when they come home for the night :D

Dylan

Monkey
Jan 25, 2002
Originally posted by LOOnatic
So did you trim it to fit the contours and put the slots for airflow in it.

I ask because the TLD fin i put on my moto helmet doesn't look that.
you've probably got the older tld stabilizer. it's a bit larger than the one shown & is pretty plain. the one on Minnaar's helmet (& the most commonly used one now) is the "SPEED WING" by tld. i haven't trimmed this one (though i have on other helmets). but since it doesn't quite fit right, i used a glob "all-purpose ahesive/sealant" to make it stick right.

Originally posted by Dylan
you've probably got the older tld stabilizer. it's a bit larger than the one shown & is pretty plain. the one on Minnaar's helmet (& the most commonly used one now) is the "SPEED WING" by tld. i haven't trimmed this one (though i have on other helmets). but since it doesn't quite fit right, i used a glob "all-purpose ahesive/sealant" to make it stick right.
You guessed it.
Thanks for the info.

rockracing

Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Cape Town, South Africa
Originally posted by Acadian
Mavic decided to go back to the yellow rims for team riders this year. So they are probably either DeeMax or 823's
yeah, doesn't Peat's bike have yellow rims now.....wather you like it or not, Mavic hit the nail on head when it came to marketing the rims, soon as you see a guy with yellow rims, you think Mavic Deemax.

Cool to see he stayed with Maxxis after racing Michelin for so many years. The must have coughed up some large cash no ?

I just can't seem to help thinking of Nico and his bike, no one could get close to owning one, rumoured to have cost more than your car and no one really knows whats going on....:)

Newsfash: Greg bought the cranks and Disc brakes 2nd hand off ebay !;) :D

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Originally posted by rockracing
yeah, doesn't Peat's bike have yellow rims now.....wather you like it or not, Mavic hit the nail on head when it came to marketing the rims, soon as you see a guy with yellow rims, you think Mavic Deemax.

Cool to see he stayed with Maxxis after racing Michelin for so many years. The must have coughed up some large cash no ?

I just can't seem to help thinking of Nico and his bike, no one could get close to owning one, rumoured to have cost more than your car and no one really knows whats going on....:)

Newsfash: Greg bought the cranks and Disc brakes 2nd hand off ebay !;) :D
Hey bro..we rode with a kid named Garrett from down in your direction this weekend.

Nice kid...kept saying "bloody". He's living here in Asheville now nad racing for Morewood.