Quantcast

Minnaar looking sketch

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
He's just been training with Hans Rey, that's all...or maybe his Honda-made ejection seat had an accidental discharge...

DHperu

Monkey
Apr 14, 2005
hahah first pic ever of minnaar looking like he's out of control, at least that i've seen...
even the best have their shining moments

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Kevin said:
What a tool. :rolleyes:
No kidding... and that jersey. How did he come up with those colors. Oh yeah he won the world championship. I would like to see what lead to this photo. I be willing to bet that whatever he just got out of any of us would have taken a trip in the meat wagon, and then quite.

davetrump

Turbo Monkey
Jul 29, 2003
dhtahoe said:
No kidding... and that jersey. How did he come up with those colors. Oh yeah he won the world championship. I would like to see what lead to this photo. I be willing to bet that whatever he just got out of any of us would have taken a trip in the meat wagon, and then quite.

go to fattirefotos.com (which is where this photo is copyrighted) look under the "individuals" heading and go to 2004/greg minnaar

it is from a sequence of big whips that he was doing for a photo shoot, it looks like he just whipped it out a bit too far

heikkihall

Monkey
Dec 14, 2001
Durango, CO
davetrump said:
go to fattirefotos.com (which is where this photo is copyrighted) look under the "individuals" heading and go to 2004/greg minnaar

it is from a sequence of big whips that he was doing for a photo shoot, it looks like he just whipped it out a bit too far

They used a photo from that shoot on all of those autograph handout cards for that season.

I bet he recovered from it no problem. Pros make mistakes too, they just usually recover from them better than the rest of us.

rideagainst

Monkey
Apr 8, 2004
CA
Ian F said:
He probably rode it out like nothing happened... :rolleyes:[/QUOTE/]
Like in the U.S. Open section of Synopsis, where curtis keene and either bryn or sam do the exact same thing over a little jump, and just ride out no problem.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
I just noticed that, it does look like he is riding flat pedals. By the looks of the picture, I bet he was happy he was running flats!

Kevin

Turbo Monkey
dhtahoe said:
No way man, I think my little sister could do better then him. And then that bike. I mean wtf, is that from wallmart or something?
Good thing that Hondas also suporting some lower level riders. :thumb:

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Kevin said:
No way man, I think my little sister could do better then him. And then that bike. I mean wtf, is that from wallmart or something?
Good thing that Hondas also suporting some lower level riders. :thumb:
Who's your sister??? Tracy Hannah... There Mic Hannah>

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
What's funny is that his 4X bikes does not have the internal gear system. Which is strange, since internal gears would really help in 4X. Imagine not having to get off the gas to shift...

mindlessfr

Monkey
Sep 8, 2004
richmond, va
no matter how good of a bike you have you can always manage to screw up and look like an idiot.............world champ.....pffff!!!

also hes got his front brake on the right lever and rear on the left i figured i was the only one that did that by the way what kind of fork is that?

me89

Monkey
May 25, 2004
asheville
wow its a good thing he was on a honda or who knows what might have happend (since the sarcasim) :rolleyes: . its kinda nice to see the japanesse enginered beast take a dive into the dirt now and then. i laugh and say thanks for the great pic. ohh and i shed a tear for the lose of his right nut cause when he hits that stem its going to explode :nuts: :evil:

dexterq20

Turbo Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
NorCal
mindlessfr said:
also hes got his front brake on the right lever and rear on the left i figured i was the only one that did that by the way what kind of fork is that?
Punctuation is your friend. :nope:

skyst3alth

Monkey
Apr 13, 2004
Denver, CO
It's funny, he's flying in the air, possibly about to get screwed, but look at his face.

**Minnar thought process**
Minnar - Well then, that didn't go exactly as planned
Honda Bike - Yeah i'm gonna kick it out a little bit, you're gonna fall
Minnar - No that's ok, i think i'll stay on
Honda Bike - Alright I guess that's fine
Minnar - Righto.

-Adam

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
mindlessfr said:
no matter how good of a bike you have you can always manage to screw up and look like an idiot.............world champ.....pffff!!!

you and every single bike rider in this country!

J

JRB

Rip said:
I can't believe no one has said it yet.

He's practicing the bikerfox flip.
Uhm - TN already pegged BF. Read the thread, egghead. :thumb: