Quantcast

Minnaar

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
To the bathroom?

To get some milk?

To hit on the hot new neighbor that moved in down the street?
Been hearing the milk rumor, but my sources say he doesn't go to the bathroom, his digestive system is that efficient.

nmpearson

Monkey
Dec 30, 2006
The OP. Or anyone else who's heard that he's leaving SC. Guess I'm out of the loop but wasn't there just a video of him testing next year's V10s?
his contract is up. and yes there was a video but i'm fairly sure he said in the video he was feeling a little odd about testing the bikes with him not really sure if he was gonna be on SC the next year.

What happened to the rumor that he was going to trek bc his old honda manager is the manager at trek. that'd sure make an amazing team

Iridemtb

Turbo Monkey
Feb 2, 2007
Maybe he is going to get some CANFIELD...

Oh wait, that one didn't make sense... Which COULD be a hint in and of itself.

dhr-racer

Monkey
Jan 24, 2007
A, A
his contract is up. and yes there was a video but i'm fairly sure he said in the video he was feeling a little odd about testing the bikes with him not really sure if he was gonna be on SC the next year.

What happened to the rumor that he was going to trek bc his old honda manager is the manager at trek. that'd sure make an amazing team

im guessing the same thing happened to that as last years brilliant Sam Hill riding for norco

mabey they are waiting for the new year to announce a re-sign or split and a new tear

SCABRIDER

Monkey
Jul 19, 2005
santa barbara
i heard clifcat came back and is building a sub 60 lb. dh hardtail for him to ride. i guess the stiff rear end really helps through the rocks or something

William42

fork ways
Jul 31, 2007
canfield? rofl those guys net profit in a year is probably less then minnaar is asking. They're not a big bike company. I'm guessing one of the big ones; Trek, Specialized, Giant, SC, or Kona. I'm ruling Kona out because they've expressed 0 interest in the race scene since barel left, I'm ruling specialized out because they already have brendog and hill, and signing another top caliber rider would be silly, I'm ruling giant out because they don't give a fyck about DH, I'm rulling trek out because they already have a pretty successful team and I'd be surprised if they wanted to sign minnaar.

I predict he signs on for a new year at SC.

captainspauldin

intrigued by a pole
May 14, 2007
Jersey Shore
canfield? rofl those guys net profit in a year is probably less then minnaar is asking. They're not a big bike company. I'm guessing one of the big ones; Trek, Specialized, Giant, SC, or Kona. I'm ruling Kona out because they've expressed 0 interest in the race scene since barel left, I'm ruling specialized out because they already have brendog and hill, and signing another top caliber rider would be silly, I'm ruling giant out because they don't give a fyck about DH, I'm rulling trek out because they already have a pretty successful team and I'd be surprised if they wanted to sign minnaar.

I predict he signs on for a new year at SC.
My thoughts exactly..

it'd be cool to see him on a Morewood(the whole RSA thing), but if they can't afford to keep Rennie happy(right?), no way they can afford Minaar..

project_d

Chimp
Dec 15, 2009
SoCal
My thoughts exactly..

it'd be cool to see him on a Morewood(the whole RSA thing), but if they can't afford to keep Rennie happy(right?), no way they can afford Minaar..
I had the impression Rennie was on Hiatus:confused: I know he had a bad season, but I'm not sure he's still racing.

"As rumours have been flying, I just wanted to set the record straight. After poor finishes in the first few World Cup races this year, I have decided to return home so that I can get as fit as possible for the World Championships later this year. My luck has not been on my side this year, with having big crashes that have opened old injuries, it's the best thing to do at this time. Also I have been working under a lot of pressure from sponsors and working in an uncomfortable environment. I may decide to take next year off as well, and just race in Australia. That's not official yet, but depending on my ride at the Worlds this year, my mind will be made up there."

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
canfield? rofl those guys net profit in a year is probably less then minnaar is asking. They're not a big bike company.
I've always wondered how a company like yeti can keep 3 WC racers on their team. I imagine fox must be footing most of the bill. I thought I read somewhere that they make like 1-200 303's a year. Gotta make a huge margin on that to pay Sam's, Gwin's, and Graves's salary. Granted it's a whole image thing and builds sales for their other models, but still.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
I've always wondered how a company like yeti can keep 3 WC racers on their team. I imagine fox must be footing most of the bill. I thought I read somewhere that they make like 1-200 303's a year. Gotta make a huge margin on that to pay Sam's, Gwin's, and Graves's salary. Granted it's a whole image thing and builds sales for their other models, but still.
Do you think the sales of DH bikes are the sole income of a company?
The DH line of any company are a tiny fraction of total sales.

gemini2k

Turbo Monkey
Jul 31, 2005
San Francisco
Do you think the sales of DH bikes are the sole income of a company?
The DH line of any company are a tiny fraction of total sales.
Yes, I clearly acknowledged that in my post. But still, Yeti isn't that big of a company anyways, are they?