Quantcast

Minnaar's 2005 Honda (no pics)

rockracing

Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Cape Town, South Africa
not sure if this is old news, been outta the loop for a while, but just saw Greg Minnaar on South African TV talking about his new bike, some major ;) changes listed below:

plastic front fender, instead of carbon
Formula brakes......err??
SDG I beam seat/post
Honda Cranks....!!??!!
Egg beater pedals

Single piece top tube, no more split tube design...cheaper to mass produce ??
alloy seat mast replaces carbon one
beefed up rear swing arm (with new plastic fender)

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
klunky said:
lucky for him then because formula suck in every way possible.

The new Formula brakes are supposed to be a huge improvement over their previous efforts. They're starting to pop up on some bikes around here and the riders seem stoked with them.

[un]

Chimp
Mar 18, 2002
Bernal Heights, SF
Formula brakes are great, let go your mass opinion based on 8 y/o. models. 4Racing were very good (as long as you take care of the plastic bits), the new Oro seem even better. The brakes are spec'd on most of the Commencal bikes including ACC & Saladini (Jr WChamp.)... can't be that bad!

ChrisKring

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Grand Haven, MI
allsk8sno said:
i think that has to be outside tire diameter since the other dimensions seem odd too...
559mm (22 inches) is the outside diameter of the rim bead. I would guess that they are assuming a 3" tall tire which would be a 28" wheel.

rockwool

Turbo Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Filastin
klunky said:
perhaps there brakes have improved....there availability for spare parts in the UK has not though!
If you only knew how spoilt you brittons are with bikeproducts...
I don't know how your bikeshops are but you have well stocked mailorder companies.
Try chainreactioncycles (they're arrogant a-holes but are the only ones that ship outside GB), we usually get the stuff the day after we order.

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Greg can adapt to any hunk of garbage, the guy is talented in that way as well. He will adapt his style to crappy brakes, if they are indeed crappy. But I havent used a formula brake in 10 years so I wouldnt know.