Quantcast

Mirraco vs. WeThePeople vs. Eastern...DONE

Zenkis14

Monkey
Sep 20, 2009
So I was bored tonight...really bored, and made a whole spread sheet comparing all of the 2010 BMX Bike from these companies. I left out many of the brakeless models, as the shop I work with wont be stocking any of them.

But as you can see "Y" = Yes. Highlighted = Yes. Blue font = special upgrade etc..

Sorry the picture is a bit grainy, I had to just "print screen" from excel then paste in Paint and crop accordingly lol

You will have to click on and view full size for anything to be readable at all. I left off prices, because all of the local shops will have different prices, so its up to you to find out what you will be paying.

aaronrocker

Monkey
Aug 7, 2008
Washington State
i really hope this ends the, which 20" should i get, threads, im so tired of everyone needing there own version of this thread, fvcking get the red one, who cares

roadwork

Chimp
Nov 19, 2009
i really hope this ends the, which 20" should i get, threads, im so tired of everyone needing there own version of this thread, fvcking get the red one, who cares
I'm guilty of that. The only reason I did it was because I could find tons of reviews on We The People, Verde and Fly bikes, but nothing about the Giant, so that's why I started that thread. I just wanted to make sure I didn't get a massive negative response.

TaRd

Chimp
Aug 21, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
The Eastern Boss didnt make the list =P But I have to say thanks for putting that all together because I have been looking for a bike.

Last edited:

Zenkis14

Monkey
Sep 20, 2009
haha I didnt add the Boss, cause honestly, I didnt think anyone would want to spend that much on an Eastern Complete lol I figured they'd just build a custom or buy a WTP Envy :D

TaRd

Chimp
Aug 21, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
$575 doesn't seem that bad. I guess I just dont get why Eastern is bashed so badly, my nighttrain has held up awesome. I would buy one of their products anytime I guess... except for the Choker stems, those do blow bigtime.

My choices were between the Boss and the Truth (on your recomendation) but I dont really see a huge difference between the 2 except overall weight.

Zenkis14

Monkey
Sep 20, 2009
Oh my bad! I didnt realize that was the price point for the Boss! I should have included that!

Lemme compare the two real quick (assuming you meant WTP Trust), and I will tell you which is better and why.

Honestly, they look pretty similar.

Both are full 4130 chromo, both are double wall front and rear, both sealed front and rear, sealed int headset and bottom brackets. Both have pivotal seats.

The main difference between the two is going to be top tube length, so it depends on your height. So if you are over 5'7" i'd go with the Trust (21"), or under id go Boss(20.5").

That boss actually seems like a good bike for the money. Although, I think the trust is a bit cheaper than im finding the boss online! About 150 cheaper, and your getting a very similar bike.

And besides, the WTP looks freaking stellar!!