Quantcast

Missing Frame, Help Needed:

Ridge_Rider

Chimp
Apr 12, 2002
East Coast
We at Sinister Bikes need some help locating a New Jersey local who has a prototype 5 Footer DH frame. The frame was given to Joe McCabe (of New Jersey) about a year ago. Frank was exicted to find someone at the right height to test it out, but after the first 6 months he hadn't heard a thing. He tried calling Joe, but the phone number was no longer in service and that's the last he'd seen or heard of the frame. We are all pretty bummed that tis happened and would like to locate Joe and get the frame back.

Any help locating the frame or Joe would be appreciated. We are offering a reward as a finders fee for any info that will lead to the frame's return.

You can contact us at info@sinisterbikes.com

Thanks.

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Release the hounds!
That sucks, You do something nice for someone and they screw you. For some reason I always had more faith in the MTB community than I probably should.:angry:
Any chance of pics of the frame or a similar one? That way if I see a little guy named "joe" with that bike I can beat him silly and return it.:D

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Wow that sucks - I sure hope you located the guy and get your prototype back.

5 Footer eh? hmmmm.....was this different from an R9 prototype??

The rumor mill has you guys producing a 5" travel trail bike full suspension frame. If this is in the cards, feel free to contact me to test ride any prototypes - I'll be sure to stay in contact and give plenty of feedback. :)

I wish you guys the best in tracking this guy down and recovering your missing frame.

Cheers,

Mark

Matt D

Monkey
Mar 19, 2002
charlottesville, va
Originally posted by MMcG
Wow that sucks - I sure hope you located the guy and get your prototype back.

5 Footer eh? hmmmm.....was this different from an R9 prototype??

The rumor mill has you guys producing a 5" travel trail bike full suspension frame. If this is in the cards, feel free to contact me to test ride any prototypes - I'll be sure to stay in contact and give plenty of feedback. :)

I wish you guys the best in tracking this guy down and recovering your missing frame.

Cheers,

Mark
It sounds to me like he's making a frame for short folks (hence, 5' footer); NOT a 5" travel frame. ;)

edit: You didn't take a CC # from this guy or anything before handing him a proto? Bummer:(

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by Matt D
It sounds to me like he's making a frame for short folks (hence, 5' footer); NOT a 5" travel frame. ;)

Gotcha on that model for short folks - but the rumor mill here in New England still buzzes from time to time about a Sinister FS trail bike frame.

I for one would love to see such a frame come out of their new digs up in the Green Mountain State! :) :thumb:

DS Dom

Monkey
Nov 14, 2001
Denver, Co
On the topic of this frame, it was designed for a short rider like Joe. And none of those search results are going to work hes only 17 now and he was 16 when he got the frame. Its nothing like the R9, or really like anything else out there. It had a lot of flaws but then again it was only a prototype (even though it took joe over a year after he was promised the frame to receive delivery) He only rode the bike one day at Ringwood, took 1 run then i was messing around in the parking lot and i snapped the pivot on the bike so i let him ride my bike and i went home, that was the last ive seen of the bike.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Originally posted by DS Dom
On the topic of this frame, it was designed for a short rider like Joe. And none of those search results are going to work hes only 17 now and he was 16 when he got the frame. Its nothing like the R9, or really like anything else out there. It had a lot of flaws but then again it was only a prototype (even though it took joe over a year after he was promised the frame to receive delivery) He only rode the bike one day at Ringwood, took 1 run then i was messing around in the parking lot and i snapped the pivot on the bike so i let him ride my bike and i went home, that was the last ive seen of the bike.
Well you obviously know Joe - so get in touch with him and tell him to send the bike back to Sinister.

DS Dom

Monkey
Nov 14, 2001
Denver, Co
Originally posted by MMcG
Well you obviously know Joe - so get in touch with him and tell him to send the bike back to Sinister.
I told the sinister guys to pm me and ill try to get them in touch with joe. The situation is kinda weird though, when joe was going through the process of getting this frame it seemed like it was a "gift" to him, but he wasnt aloud to sell it and if he wanted to get rid of it then he would have to send it back to FTW. Ill see if i can get in touch with joe but he basically stopped riding so i dont know if that will happen.