Quantcast

Mmmm Candy Red 07 Demo

frznnomad

Turbo Monkey
Jun 20, 2005
a-town biatches
is there a puke smily on here. sorry man i just dont like the stripes color is awsome though, and well everyone knows how i feel about specilized.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
That is the frameset color. The complete bike is coming in the dark silver/black white argyle color. The rep told us that the argyle pattern is a sticker and can be removed, leaving you with a very cool titanium/gloss type color. Just saw the complete 07 catalouge and pricelist the other day. I can't say the looks improved but the pricing sure did, and the Demo 8 isnt bad. The demo 7 is pretty funky though.

Zark

Hey little girl, do you want some candy?
Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
I like it. The pinstripiing is a tad overdone, but way better than that argyle abomination and the tattood turd.

renorider40

Monkey
Aug 22, 2005
To many lines but the red is cool. Maybe a little darker though. It is definetaly better looking compared to some of the other 07 designs.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
the demo would have been a nice bike if they didn't have the second seatstay.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
bcd said:
the demo would have been a nice bike if they didn't have the second seatstay.
if y'all wanna get tech about it, it is a 2nd chainstay. the interview section at the end of the Roam interviews the kid who designed the suspension. he specified that his goal was to have a horst-link with a chainstay actuated shock mount. i don't care what you call it. i still won't ride one.

Rick205

Monkey
Jun 20, 2006
Yea but without the 2nd chainstay it would be a single pivot!? or just a bog standard horst link.

You guys are sooo hung up on how a bike looks, its soo gay!

Ride what works guys, i think it looks nice imo anyway.

I would ride a poo brown bike that looked like crap if it rode real nice.

Rick

vitox

Turbo Monkey
Sep 23, 2001
Santiago du Chili
mandown said:
if y'all wanna get tech about it, it is a 2nd chainstay. the interview section at the end of the Roam interviews the kid who designed the suspension. he specified that his goal was to have a horst-link with a chainstay actuated shock mount. i don't care what you call it. i still won't ride one.

huh?

i see two seatstays and one chainstay, shock connected to the upper part of the rear triangle, right by what youd call the "seatstay" on a regular bike....

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
i understand the middle-stay (for lack of a better description) looks like a seatstay because it runs parallel to the seatstay. however, it is part of the chainstay. look at where the pivot is. the middle-stay joins the chainstay before the pivot. in order for this to be a horst-link (which it is) the pivot must be on the chainstay, not the seatstay. as such, the middle-stay is part of the chainstay.

again, if you watch the extras in the Roam DVD, you will see the interview with the guy who designed the demo suspension and he clearly states his intent was to have a suspension design where the chainstay actuated the shock.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
mandown said:
i understand the middle-stay (for lack of a better description) looks like a seatstay because it runs parallel to the seatstay. however, it is part of the chainstay. look at where the pivot is. the middle-stay joins the chainstay before the pivot. in order for this to be a horst-link (which it is) the pivot must be on the chainstay, not the seatstay. as such, the middle-stay is part of the chainstay.

again, if you watch the extras in the Roam DVD, you will see the interview with the guy who designed the demo suspension and he clearly states his intent was to have a suspension design where the chainstay actuated the shock.
Exactly. :)

cuasidh

Chimp
Aug 18, 2002
santiago, chile
uhmm...i prefer my demo, than the new versions...

maybe if some new colours come up..more "normal" and not so weird, it can change my mind on those new demo 7-8

mache

Chimp
Jun 16, 2006
The paintjob looks awesome, but the "new" Demo frames REALLY don't do it for me.
I think I'll stick to my "Ti" Demo 8.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
jonKranked said:
the demo's must ride well enough - i see a lot of people on them.
Yep, that is rather important out on the trail, but here on RM, it is more important that the bike cooridinate with your matching set of Victoria's Secret thongs, push up bra, and 5 inch heels. SPD compatible of course.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Jeremy R said:
Yep, that is rather important out on the trail, but here on RM, it is more important that the bike cooridinate with your matching set of Victoria's Secret thongs, push up bra, and 5 inch heels. SPD compatible of course.

you forget that its mostly guys riding DH - so it would be girls jeans and eyeliner, not drag queens. :p

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Checked the book on geometry. Looks interesting. Slacker, shorter TT and CS. Maybe better for DH than last year's. Thoughts?

Headangle: 64 degrees at "low" (it was 66 deg on the '06)
BB height: 14.5 at "low"
ETT: 22.64" on the medium (10mm shorter than last year)
Chainstay: 16.57 (7mm shorter than last year)

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Although the angles are nice, the shorter CS and TT blow IMO. The cockpit was already REALLY cramped on my medium, so a shorter TT would kinda suck. The CS length was already twitchily short, now it's even shorter. Not a good move IMO.

scottishmark

Turbo Monkey
May 20, 2002
Somewhere dark, cold & wet....
Zark said:
Thoughts?
my thoughts are that i'm gonna be rocking a med Demo8 for next season!

are the prices moving?

EDIT: actually, having just compared the geo with a Glory, Sunday and V-10 i'm also slightly worried about those chainstays. Any wheelbase figures kicking about? They would give an idea of whether the 64 degree head angle will keep things together

Zark

Oct 18, 2001
Reno 911
Bicyclist said:
Although the angles are nice, the shorter CS and TT blow IMO. The cockpit was already REALLY cramped on my medium, so a shorter TT would kinda suck. The CS length was already twitchily short, now it's even shorter. Not a good move IMO.
Funny, I felt the TT was too long on the medium '06 Demo 8's.

I have to agree about the CS. thats getting pretty silly short. Maybe it won't be as sketchy due to the slacker HA?

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
I don't know, that'll put your weight WAY back with the slack HA and the short TT/CS. That bike already really gets your weight back, it's now gonna be worse. Good luck cornering!

Personally, I want to be on a Commencal or something similar next year. Maybe even a Demo 7, but I'm not really liking the numbers.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
scottishmark said:
EDIT: actually, having just compared the geo with a Glory, Sunday and V-10 i'm also slightly worried about those chainstays. Any wheelbase figures kicking about? They would give an idea of whether the 64 degree head angle will keep things together
Demos have REALLY long wheelbases. So basically your weight is WAY over the back because of the short CS and long WB, combined with a short cockpit.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Bicyclist said:
Demos have REALLY long wheelbases. So basically your weight is WAY over the back because of the short CS and long WB, combined with a short cockpit.
uh, what?
long wheelbase should = long cockpit w/ short CS or short cockpit w/ long CS, or med of each. it may be tough to have long WB with short cockpit and short CS.

Bicyclist

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2004
SB
Take a look at the bike. There's a short chainstay, a big dead zone between the seat tube and the rest of the bike, and then the cockpit. It's kinda awkward. Plus the slackness translates to a longer WB.