Quantcast

mmmm mexican food

lovebunny

can i lick your balls?
Dec 14, 2003
San Diego, California, United States
man i love california burritos. there so good w/ the carne and the potatoes and the salsa and cheese. oh and my pina colada drink i got. i have to order a large because the small only lasts like 10sec. well i dont know why i posted this.im jus really bored. whats your favorite mexican food?

quadricolour

Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Cambria, CA
lovebunny said:
haha your in kentucky u dont kno real mexican food till you get to a border state. and mexican food is the king of foods. and chinese food too
:stupid:

If the name of your town doesn't start with San or Santa, your mexican food sucks.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Mmmmm, big burritos :)

Favorite has to be the massive burritos we get at a local place, but I tried my hand at Kangaroo Tacos in Australia and they tasted damn good. Personally I think it was my salsa that made it tasty.

The Ito

GravityFreakTJ

leg shavin roadie
Jul 14, 2003
at a road race near you
lovebunny said:
haha yeah it does. im just saying evrywhere ive gone thats not in socal or in the southern part of the state the mexican food sucks. prolly cuz we use real mexicans! :D
Surprisingly enough,there is alot of Mexican resturants around here owned by "real mexicans".Dang good food.

-dustin

boring
Jun 10, 2002
austin
favorite mehican food, or fav burrito?

Burrito: Freebirds, fo' sho'
Mehican Food: Tamales, fo' sho'...maybe quesadillas. or chicken fajitas.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Try Ortega's in Ocean Beach sometime. Great seafood-I hate fish, and I still love their ensenada (deepfried) fish tacos. Friends love the grilled and smoked fish tacos too. Tamales are also excellent, esp. the jalapeno and cheese.

There's a cart on a sketchy part of el cajon blvd that serves up primo tamales @ $1 each, too.

Southwestern (AZ/NM) mex is probably even better than socal/baja mex, though. Less greasy, served with strips of chile peppers and sopapillas and honey instead of chips and salsa. mmmmmmmmmmm.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Me gusta mucho comer tacos pollos con tomates, cilantros, cebolla frescas y salsa caliente con grande burrito carne asada con frijoles, y arroz. y un jarrito anaranjado.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
mmmmm....we got a west coast style burrito joint near my work that has some dank-ass fish tacos. I had three for dinner tonight. :drool:

some of my staples for breakfast are burritos (just eggs, cheese & salsa) & juevos rancheros. :drool: x2

ummbikes

Don't mess with the Santas
Apr 16, 2002
Napavine, Warshington
Skookum said:
Me gusta mucho comer tacos pollos con tomates, cilantros, cebolla frescas y salsa caliente con grande burrito carne asada con frijoles, y arroz. y un jarrito anaranjado.

Speak English, your in 'merica fer chrice sakes.
:p

I like tacos adobado,Tarascan style. :drool:

And tamales. :drool: :drool:

And Chile Verde Burritos from Azteca. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Choriso and eggs! :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Home made tortillas! :drool:

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
I have Mexican running through my veins. I love it! Yes, like TJ, i'm in KY, but we have some decent Mexican places. The best Mexican I have ever eaten was in San Diego, I believe in old town? The name slips my mind, but the fajitas...wow.

chicodude

The Spooninator
Mar 28, 2004
Paradise
dude, The best mexican I have ever had I just ate. The place was a taco wagon, or roach coach, or whatever you wanna call it. Oh man.........:drool:

Jul 26, 2004
Seattle, WA
mexican food is a way of life for most of us here in san diego.

i go traveling, and i'm like "where are the dirty taco joints?" "no.. taco bell doesnt count, neither does del taco." wheres the *berto's?????

el robertos on murphy canyon rd off the 15 in clairemont is the best mexican food i've ever had so far.
#2 would have to be valentines downtown on market st. amazing carne asada.
vista del mar on adams in normal heights is pretty damn good too.

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
anyone whos anyone knows that the only place to get burritos is chipotle they are the best ever!! ESP. on the EAST coast! :drool: :drool: :drool:

Fury

Monkey
Oct 9, 2002
Toronto, Canada
The Carne Asada burritos from Juanitas in Encinitas rule. My cousin live's directly across from them - very dangerous when you're a health fanatic like he is.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I have never had good mexican anywhere other then a border state except for Colorado and..... Boston (don't laugh here). I didn't even know what Mexican food was until I went to El Paso and then Mexico. Then I realized that the food I was getting at a Mexican place in Boston was that good. The place is The El Phoenix on Comm Ave. in Allston. Good good stuff. The best Mexican food I ever was in Mexico.... Go figure.... jdcamb

Austin Bike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Duh, Austin
Even though I sit in the heart of tejas, the best burrito is in Chicago at La Pasadita (on Ashland, just south of Division).

Solid freakin pound of carne asada with a handful of cheese, cilantro, onions and some hot suace.

No potatoes, no rice, no lettuce, no filler. Just meat.

Halfway through, stop, count your fingers. If you can count to ten you haven't eaten one off in a feeding frenzy.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
mmm, i just came back from having a chile relleno, a tamale, rice/beans, and a tasty margarita. (no, i wasn't driving for a while.) :thumb:

ALEXIS_DH

Tirelessly Awesome
Jan 30, 2003
Lima, Peru, Peru
lovebunny said:
andu gotta mouse w/ a sombrero in ur avatar. meaning hes mexican. meaning he speaks spanish. hehe i feel smart now :think:

thats speedy gonzales!!!!!
the fastest mouse in all mexico you gringo pussycat!!

i love beef fajitas and chicken quesadillas.
i knew this places in alabama called los rancheros. all the cooks were 100% mexican illegal workforce just arrived from the border. awesome food. :thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
jdcamb said:
I have never had good mexican anywhere other then a border state except for Colorado and..... Boston (don't laugh here). I didn't even know what Mexican food was until I went to El Paso and then Mexico. Then I realized that the food I was getting at a Mexican place in Boston was that good. The place is The El Phoenix on Comm Ave. in Allston. Good good stuff. The best Mexican food I ever was in Mexico.... Go figure.... jdcamb
el phoenix is good, as is casa romero (in back bay, down an alley near l'espalier - frequently overlooked). def not yr tex-mex joint.

http://www.casaromero.com/