Quantcast

mmmmmmmmmm wings

homepiece

Monkey
May 22, 2006
OHIO
Roosters in Columbus Ohio, eaten wings all over, and these are the best in the US by far. Every person that visits here is that is the first place I take them. Spoiled for the rest of your life.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
mmmmm, we made wings the other night. I never eat them out because they work my stomach over. My homemade wings were the best I've ever had. I like grilled better than fried. they were beautiful.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
There is a place in Tacoma, WA that has some good wings. I think it is called The Rock or something. They are incredibly hot and don't have that foul buffalo sauce. Just lots of dry smoked goodness.

:drool:

MrDirt

Chimp
Oct 21, 2004
Eden, UT
Burgh's Pizza and Wing Pub in Bridgeville, PA (South of Pittsburgh). Incredible wings and incredible selection of draft and bottled beers.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
You guys haven't had wings until you've had some from a Buffalo, NY or Rochester, NY establishment - or Fredonia NY. Pizza Wings and Things in Fredonia makes killer wings and even more killer Steak and Cheese Subs!

moff_quigley

Why don't you have a seat over there?
Jan 27, 2005
Poseurville
Cavallo's in New Hartford, NY. Mark's right if you want some wings done up right you'll get them from a place Upstate.

Mackie

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
New York
dirtydirtysouf said:
getting ready to go out for hot wings for lunch........whats the best place you have gotten yours

:love: :love: winston-salem, nc...waldos wings:love: :love:

Anchor Bar, Main Street, Buffalo, NY.

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
Duffs used to kick ass...heard they have gone downhill.....and if you've never been to the Anchor Bar....you've never had wings.

I like watching wing "noobs".. they always order the "suicide' or "nuclear" or some dumb, way over the top heat index and then sweat like crazy throught the whole meal trying to eat pure fire. I know some truly like spicy stuff and thats cool....but I always find that mediums, maybe the occasional hot are plenty for my tastes.

Oh and a small shout out to Mr Eds (r.i.p.) in Middleport NY...the best spicy/sweet wings ever...he just sold his recipe for 10 grand and the wing were freekin HUGE!!!

Dartman

Old Bastard Mike
Feb 26, 2003
Richmond, VA
I make my own...

Durkee's Franks Hot Sauce and melted butter to taste.

Fry wings and add sauce. Dip in Bleu Cheese dressing, not the Ranch crap that southerners use!!

As far as take out goes... John and Mary's Sub Shop in Hamburg NY.

Mike

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
Oh...I make my own too. I dont fry any more...just too messy. But heres my recipe...

This is a two-sauce recipe. Sause number one is for actually cooking the wings on the grill. Sauce number two is a "finishing" sauce used to coat the wings after they are cooked. The ingredients and approximate amounts shown below will work for 5-7 lbs. of chick wings

Sauce #1

1 1/2-2 cups Franks Hot Sauce
2Tbls. Garlic Powder
2Tbls. Chile Powder
1-2 tsp. black pepper
2 Tbls. Paprika
2-3 Tbls. Italian Seasoning

Sauce #2 (Finishing Sauce)

1 Cup Franks HOt Sauce
3 heaping Tgls. dark brown sugar
1/4 cup white vinigar
4 oz. butter

Combine ingredients of finishing sauce. Warm on stove or in microwave to melt butter. Wisk until fully blended.

Marinate raw wings in sauce #1 for 1-2 hours. Place on preheated grill with temperature around 300-325 degrees. Turn every 10 minutes or so to keep from over browning. Wings should be fully cook in 1 hours.

Remove wings from grill and place in large bowl. Drizzle finishing sauce over cooked wings and toss to coat. Return wings to grill for additiona 5-10 minutes until sauce is "set". Serve with the normal stuff that goes with wings. That would be celery, carrots and Maries Bleu Cheese dressing.

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
I'm vegetarian ... but every blue moon (MAYBE once a year) I'll get a dozen wings at my local bar, Teakwood's. God, they're my kryptonite.

in the trees

Turbo Monkey
May 19, 2003
NH
The Bidwell Tavern, Coventry, CT (just outside of the UConn campus). Delicious! And quite a selection of different types/styles of wings.

toby

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Homemade wings FTW :trophy_br

Throw them in the fryer till golden and delicious, then coat in franks redhot+melted butter mixture. Or, marinade in cheap beer of choice overnight, add a little garlic powder, dredge in some cornstarch, fry, and add some of my delicious home made BBQ sauce.

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland
Okay hopefully you guys will enjoy this picture better than the one I took of my beef brisket.

Took some wings, put in some paprika, some chili powder, and some garlic powder, poured in one bottle of corona, and marinated for 2 hours. Then I fried them to golden perfection.

Took some texas petes hot sauce, added some melted butter to taste, and dipped half of them in. The other half I just put some fresh ground pepper and some kosher salt on.

I also made some home made fries :agree:
Don't tell on me for using beer while my folks were away :nope: