Quantcast

($) Moan derp GMT ($)

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
went out for Thai with some friends, its one of their favorite places. Meh... tasty somewhat, but gringo hot was all I could get out of them. disappointing.

Supposed to have a high in the mid 60s with 25mph winds...must be a monday

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Raining cats and dogs. I guess I'll be testing out the new fender I put on my commuter yesterday (friggin thing took over two hours to out on...)

I'm having organic waffles for breakfast.

Good morning, and may the Mueller be with you.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rough night. Went to bed late, had to get up early, weather kept waking me up all night. Must be the "as f..." season - windy as fcuk last night, humid as fcuk today.

Is it Friday, yet?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Rode mah bike yesterday.
Rear hub is doing something weird and starting to slip. In all the years I've used King rear hubs it's happened once before so I think I know what it is, and I can fix it.

Painting the downstairs bath and started planning the 1st floor remodel w/kitchen. That should keep me busy/broke for a little while.

Snow is coming. Get your boots out kids.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Busy weekend...had a music gig on Friday. Good times, but the room was lots of glass - made for some difficult sound mixing. Spent Saturday fixing things around the house and dealing with a viscous case of the trots from visiting the late night taco truck after the gig on Friday. Note to self: Tres tacos de lengua is to be avoided next time.

Jeeze...baseball, man. That was a long game and I'm useless this morning.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Up early to get to work early, to finish stuff early for an early meeting. I am not an early type of guy.

God damn windy on the way in to work this morning. Had to put in some counter steer going through some of the more open farm field areas.

Fingers crossed that the bike shows up today or tomorrow, but I should just be expecting "two weeks".

And now to go pour my second cup of warm coffee.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin peeps!

Spent the majority of the weekend giving the master bedroom a makeover. When we bought the house the whole wall was covered in mirrored tile with wooden trim hiding the gaps. Heinous frankly, though it was kinda cool to watch yourself perform. :rockout:Anyway, ripped all that down and proceeded to destroy the texturing and drywall as they used double sided tape to hold those things on. It has now been replaced with cedar planks stained different colors. Pics when it's done, but you'll have to take my word for it now, it's kinda cool looking.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I don't know exactly how much it rained yesterday and last night, but it frikkin dumped. We're not talking Houston hurricane levels here, but at least a few inches of a much needed soaking. It looks like clear, crisp fall weather finally arrives once this blows through.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Rode mah bike yesterday.
Rear hub is doing something weird and starting to slip. In all the years I've used King rear hubs it's happened once before so I think I know what it is, and I can fix it.
Is it getting dirty and gritty? build up in the "teeth"? I found that if my King hub wasn't clean and well lubed in the cold season, it would slip. Something about moisture getting in the grit that built up in the teeth and then freezing. A good cleaning, and some very light weight lube, and I was good to go. Wondering if your experience matches mine?

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Is it getting dirty and gritty? build up in the "teeth"? I found that if my King hub wasn't clean and well lubed in the cold season, it would slip. Something about moisture getting in the grit that built up in the teeth and then freezing. A good cleaning, and some very light weight lube, and I was good to go. Wondering if your experience matches mine?
well I keep my shiz pretty clean and tuned up, but yea that can happen. I suspect this is the drive spring, no pushing the drive ring sufficiently. that COULD be due to some much and friction, so I'll crack a beer and do a full disassembly after work one night and see.

it was probably 60 yesterday, so it wasn't an issue of being cold.

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I just got a voice mail saying the jury duty case I was to serve on starting tomorrow has been settled and I no longer have to report. :( I was looking forward to three days off from work. Boooooooo! It was a guy suing his own auto insurance company for more money after he exhausted the $20,000 coverage of the person who hit him. It sounded like such an exciting case!!! Like OJ times 50!

SuboptimusPrime

Turbo Monkey
Aug 18, 2005
NorCack
Back after a week off. Super don't want to be here. May have to figure out an excuse to be somewhere the fuck else this afternoon...definitely riding after work.

On the bright side, we sold our house so back to one mortgage payment. Bike upgrades can commence after a few months of austerity. New light for my helmet ordered (Gloworm) and new handlebar to try to raise my bar height further on the XC bike so far....

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
morning. woke up in an icy cloud this morning. Still need to replace my broken scraper. :/
had an amazing first date on friday. like the connection was immediate and strong. should be a fun adventure. she snowboards and has a pass at the mountain I teach at. stoked for the winter even more now. :D

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
I just got a voice mail saying the jury duty case I was to serve on starting tomorrow has been settled and I no longer have to report. :( I was looking forward to three days off from work. Boooooooo! It was a guy suing his own auto insurance company for more money after he exhausted the $20,000 coverage of the person who hit him. It sounded like such an exciting case!!! Like OJ times 50!
If the _______ doesnt fit....
( i got nuthin clever :( )

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
morning. woke up in an icy cloud this morning. Still need to replace my broken scraper. :/
had an amazing first date on friday. like the connection was immediate and strong. should be a fun adventure. she snowboards and has a pass at the mountain I teach at. stoked for the winter even more now. :D
super jelly

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I guess I'll be testing out the new fender I put on my commuter yesterday (friggin thing took over two hours to out on...)
Why did it take so long?

Snow is coming.
Good thing I mowed the lawn yesterday! (possibly for the last time this season)

it was probably 60 yesterday, so it wasn't an issue of being cold.
Where'd ya ride?

I am here at work. Drove in because possible ice and because Yuna decided last night would be great to wake up multiple times and try to change her own pullup. In the dark. +/- grabbing a bead necklace, putting it on, and then getting her leg and neck stuck in it.

:facepalm:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Best things overheard, recently:
- Sunday football game with Washington, an announcer said "It's hard to keep your balls dry..."

- Waiting room at the urologist, the receptionist answered the phone and said "Urology, can you hold, please." I would've responded "No. That's why I'm calling."

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Best things overheard, recently:
- Waiting room at the urologist, the receptionist answered the phone and said "Urology, can you hold, please." I would've responded "No. That's why I'm calling."
And the receptionist at the urologist is solid gold. A patient being pushed in a wheel chair just checked in, and the receptionist told her to have a seat.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Why did it take so long?
Combination of factors. To start off with, this is my bike:

Those are 29" x 2" tires. they're massive. finding fenders for full-size 29" tires was a bit of a challenge. It also has bolt-in sliding dropouts, with no eyelets. I also have a rack. It is a specific rack that must be mounted in a specific location, because the kid seat slides on and attaches to it, and it has to be level. I had to drill out the rack holes, and attach it to the dropouts using extended bolts. So the rack is sitting low, preventing proper clearance for the fender. I had to unbend, and rebend the struts that attach the fender to seat stays, and then use tin snips to modify the fender so it would fit under the rack. Once that rack comes off next year, everything will be much more simple. But this year was a pain in the ass.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Attempted to clean the gutters on the house. New place has a steeper pitch than my old house and I pulled a big nope once I got up there. F'ing nice view though.

Slept like shit last night. Half the bathrooms here are closed for renovation and damn near shit my pants waiting 15 minutes for a stall to open. This is not how to run an efficient organization.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Someone tried to deliver my bike. Woot. Trying to get them to drop it off at work, on the way back to their warehouse....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
at some point i have been slipped a counterfeit hundy......slightly annoyed.

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
Morning! Was sick all night and fever this morning. Not cool. Legs are also pooped after 6 rides in 6 days... guess it's just supposed to be a rest day. But there are still things that must be done. Drugs and hydration should get me through...

The weekend was awesome though. Great times with the hubs' brother and fam. I just love those guys are they are super fun to hang with. Thinking about ditching the last soccer game of the season and joining them in Squammish/Vancouver for a long weekend of camping with bikes in a couple weeks. I don't know why this is even a question really... :)