stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Great weather over the weekend. But sadly didn't get to take advantage. Spent saturday working on the car and running around. Sunday was slent relaxing and being lazy, after waking up feeling like shit with a big headache...should have persevered and gone riding.

It's almost time to start packing for the move at the end of the month.

Second day of +10c sunny weather here. I'm hoping it stays and we can ride dirt early.

I guess I better get my back wheel sorted out. It still has a tube, two dents and loose spokes from Pisgah.
I would hope for early dirt. But I'm sure it will be a longer in-between instead. fuckidyfuck

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Uhhhh...once again precious metals fell as stocks drop. WTF ? Normally it’s to opposite reaction.
I would imagine it’s because of the predicted lower demand for those metals being used in manufacturing.
but I didn’t stay at a Holiday InnExpress last night.
Flight to Treasuries, I bet.

Looks like I’ll be buying cheap equities at the end of April at half year bonus time. I just hope the whole world doesn’t melt down.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
It needs to hit 20% to close for the day. They'll stop trading if it goes down more than 7% is a specific time period (can't remember off hand), but 20% is the number to close for the day.
So does everyone just take the rest of the day off? How's that work?

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So does everyone just take the rest of the day off? How's that work?
Yep. 7%, closes for 15min to cool off. 13%*, closes for 15min; if after 3:25pm ET doesn't close. If 20%, market closes for day.

13%, not 15%

Last edited:

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Flight to Treasuries, I bet.

Looks like I’ll be buying cheap equities at the end of April at half year bonus time. I just hope the whole world doesn’t melt down.
I'm buying, buy my rate has dropped; I'm keeping a lot of investment cash as such. April and on could get bad...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
So after my productive Friday, I'm back to shit else to do. I might call it an early day if homeboy isn't even here. I got a hole to fucking fill in.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
here, trying to stay busy and be positive

had a nice ride on sunday, set some PRs in different sections, making up my mind on funky saddle choices. New bike is a dream and I'm way more comfortable driving it than I was the previous one. Not sure what happened as the geometry is similar, but this one goes where I want it to so much easier. Makes cornering a treat.
Is this the new roadie?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Went to the grocery store. Not only was it mostly empty of people but there were shelves completely empty, mostly canned food and toilet paper. Reminded me of the scene from Zombie Land, wish I had brought my hedge trimmers.