Quantcast

***Moandaze GMT**"

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
3800 mile roadtrip with plenty of asshole drivers along the way.

Only time I have to lean on the horn is when I get back to Denver and some a'hole tries to sideswipe me as they come off Pena Blvd (airport road for non-front rangers) without even carrying that in alongside them. Then I have to be grateful they don't shoot me for my troubles...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
3800 mile roadtrip with plenty of asshole drivers along the way.

Only time I have to lean on the horn is when I get back to Denver and some a'hole tries to sideswipe me as they come off Pena Blvd (airport road for non-front rangers) without even carrying that in alongside them. Then I have to be grateful they don't shoot me for my troubles...
i hAd mY TuRn sIgNaL On - tHaT MeAnS YoU HaVe tO GeT OuT Of mY WaY!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Well, weren't you not respecting some kind of margin as far as the town was concerned? Problem selling?
Shed was considered a non permanent building so no setback requirements. That shed was built well before I bought the house and the neighbors property had exchanged hands multiple times with no one ever raising an issue from the surveys. I think the owner just saw an opportunity to get some cash not realizing I understood the basic concept of leverage.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Shed was considered a non permanent building so no setback requirements. That shed was built well before I bought the house and the neighbors property had exchanged hands multiple times with no one ever raising an issue from the surveys. I think the owner just saw an opportunity to get some cash not realizing I understood the basic concept of leverage.
he probably feels threatened by things more than 4"

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
I can understand where the owner was coming from, either they have a property line, or they don’t. The fact that it didn’t come up on previous surveys is odd, but if the survey lines were accurate, offering you an opportunity to lease the land is a fair compromise IMHO. The other option was likely go to the city and that likely ends with you being told to tear it down.

This is why I like fenced yards, drop that bitch right on the property line and don’t worry about precisely where your shed ends up.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I can understand where the owner was coming from, either they have a property line, or they don’t. The fact that it didn’t come up on previous surveys is odd, but if the survey lines were accurate, offering you an opportunity to lease the land is a fair compromise IMHO. The other option was likely go to the city and that likely ends with you being told to tear it down.

This is why I like fenced yards, drop that bitch right on the property line and don’t worry about precisely where your shed ends up.
It was the way the letter was written, trying to sell me on the $5000 lease idea. "Much cheaper than a new shed" "we are doing you a favor", " simplest solution". They never even included the survey info to prove it was on their property. I could see the survey stakes but it was heavily wooded and no line of sight to say one way or the other. It was purchased as an investment property so now way I could even call the owner a prick to their face.

The 10 minutes of yankin' and jankin' was easier than sending a notarized letter telling me it was solved and to fuck off.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
It was the way the letter was written, trying to sell me on the $5000 lease idea. "Much cheaper than a new shed" "we are doing you a favor", " simplest solution". They never even included the survey info to prove it was on their property. I could see the survey stakes but it was heavily wooded and no line of sight to say one way or the other. It was purchased as an investment property so now way I could even call the owner a prick to their face.

The 10 minutes of yankin' and jankin' was easier than sending a notarized letter telling me it was solved and to fuck off.
that letter sounds like you could have sued him for extortion. way to miss an opportunity westy

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I think I'll just smoke some meth and plant a few thousand grass seeds, one by one by one. With a Phillips head screwdriver to poke the digging holes.
Wait...I can't fucking walk. Maybe I could do it while crawling.
I probably should wait until 3:00 AM to stay ‘in character’.

Last edited:

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I can’t really handle psychedelics, my mind is already too bent. I just over-interpret everything to the point where it’s just no fun. That said, I haven’t tried in 30 years, certainly not since I quit drinking.

In other news, we just ordered $100 worth of Thai food for three of us, I guess we are searching for ‘comfort’.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Las Vegas is Latin for "Hot Toilet".
That’s actually not true, Las is Spanish for “the” and Vegas, although it does not directly translate to English, can most closely be translated at “Devils anal opening” but scholars have agreed that it’s generally to be taken is less an anatomical description and more of a pejorative and thus it should be translated as “Devils butthole”.

Scientists agree that Las Vegas is the literal worst.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Another Monday in the Ambulance. Took a bit but my body is now able to handle the the lifting and twisting. Today was cool, went to pick up a dialysis client and immediately knew something was off. We had a language barrier so that complicated things but their tenor was I need help. We quickly figured out that it was a diabetic emergency and called for a paramedic ambulance
they did a load and go to the hospital
Felt good to have the Paramedics backing all our observations and decisions.