Quantcast

***Moanderp GMT***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
MIL is fighting for her life on a ventilator, courtesy of Covid. It is a kinda surprising development since she must have gotten infected two weeks after her first dose of Pfizer.
Whoa. Back in the home country? I hope she pulls through.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I also have all my wisdom teeth. I believe the pro-active removal of those is a patented American practice to make the dentist cats fatter, and this article agrees Evidence Is Mounting That Routine Wisdom Teeth Removal Is a Waste of Time (sciencealert.com)

In other news, USPS sorted its fuck ups and delivered my stuff, work is indeed stressful, and MIL is fighting for her life on a ventilator, courtesy of Covid. It is a kinda surprising development since she must have gotten infected two weeks after her first dose of Pfizer.
The vaccines aren't 100% effective. Anyone in a high risk category should still be taking precautions. The value of a vaccine has less to do with preventing an individual getting sick but creating an environment where the disease will stop spreading thus protecting everyone. Of course we will fuck that up because Americans are dumb and selfish. But hopefully we can get to a point where Rt<1 without further precautions.

How your MIL pulls through.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Holy crap, about 12, 000 vert done so far today, and we are doing two more. I feel old...my riding buddy here is one of the fastest downhillers in thw country (32), and today we rode with his friend who is one of the fastest up and comers at 18.
I have like 10 DH top five Strava segment trophies here, so people must ride slow.
(Actually, I am humbled that they ride with me, I have been riding SO cautiously to prove to y'all that im not a total spaz).
So fun, this is just amazing.

Last edited:

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I had my last wisdom tooth pulled at age 63 when it cracked. My jaw is large enough that They didn't crowd the rest of my teeth.
Similar here. Just one pulled last year. I think they're all out now. Each due to cavity or gum health concerns. Essentially easier to pull than to fix.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
waiting while 15yo does his vision test for driver's ed...one step closer to gtfo.

otherwise, not very productive today, as kids are on spring break. oh well.

gonna take the 11yo to an easier local trail that has a small tabled/progressive jumpline tomorrow. looking forward to that.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Sorry to hear @StiHacka, especially on top of your bike news from yesterday. Maybe if you rode a 6 year old euro frame, you'd be OK :)

I am surprised that the vaccine didn't give your MIL at least some defense against it.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Sorry to hear @StiHacka, especially on top of your bike news from yesterday. Maybe if you rode a 6 year old euro frame, you'd be OK :)

I am surprised that the vaccine didn't give your MIL at least some defense against it.
2 weeks out from shot 1 is ~50% efficacy against symptomatic disease iirc

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!

TY @Sandwich. I am keeping the Riot frame in a box for situations like this but I'll have to figure out how to effing unBoost a rear wheel or reBoost the Riot frame because of all the combinations of all Hadley adapters ever sold, I miss the 142/XD driver one.

Re-the vaccine, she got seriously sick on the day of her second vaccination appointment - which she obviously missed.

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Welp, the guy at work I recently introduced to biking went off alone to the trails "just for some climbing for exercise" on the main dirt road, and then decided he'd ride the DH track down on his own, alone, on Friday...on his Marin hardtail with a Suntour fork...and got a concussion and a broken wrist, only diagnosed today. Boss is thankfully not beating me up about it.

I should never have even shown him that stuff.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Welp, the guy at work I recently introduced to biking went off alone to the trails "just for some climbing for exercise" on the main dirt road, and then decided he'd ride the DH track down on his own, alone, on Friday...on his Marin hardtail with a Suntour fork...and got a concussion and a broken wrist, only diagnosed today. Boss is thankfully not beating me up about it.

I should never have even shown him that stuff.
don't feel bad man. that's 100% on him. and if he really likes riding he'll be back at it again soon.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
People take drugs for this, other than OTC pain killers? :confused: Dafuq is wrong with them?
I have never taken anything for the couple of root canals I have had....

sorry about your family member and the rona....

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
Yeah - if they don't cause problems I'm not sure why anyone would have them pulled...
The U.S. Military requires them to be removed so there is no chance of them causing problems at the wrong time. If you have them when you join, you wont by the time you are out.
Had all 4 of mine removed at once, and was having zero issues with them.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Ok, that was ridiculous, another 5,500 foot descent to top off the long day...and it was 100% pure concentration pucker-factor riding, with deathly consequences if you fuck up. Rode like the old man that I am. It felt like doing four or five Monarch Crests, but often a few thousand feet higher.
And I have to clarify...the top times from the riders ahead of me on trophy segments are a LOT faster and more talented. And don't have wives and kids 'n stuff.
This is just below where the last descent started, at *almost* 15,000 feet.
20210405_165808_HDR_copy_1024x768.jpg
IMG-20210405-WA0023_copy_1024x1365.jpg

Last edited:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001

almost forgot this guy cashed out.... I don't laugh about it as much as I used too....dick move on my part....

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Holy crap, about 12, 000 vert done so far today, and we are doing two more. I feel old...my riding buddy here is one of the fastest downhillers in thw country (32), and today we rode with his friend who is one of the fastest up and comers at 18.
I have like 10 DH top five Strava segment trophies here, so people must ride slow.
(Actually, I am humbled that they ride with me, I have been riding SO cautiously to prove to y'all that im not a total spaz).
So fun, this is just amazing.
Damn foreigners coming in and taking all yer KOMs.