Quantcast

Modest Bike Mag

Brad23

Monkey
Jan 9, 2004
West Oakland
I just got my first copy and T-shirt :thumb: :thumb: :D :D
This **** is dope! Actually it's art!!!!
Get it and you'll see....great shots on a fantastic stock, unlike anything else, hardly no ads, and way more great picture pages than anything else.
This is the all meat no fat alternative to all other media.
And yes it is well worth the price.

My only gripe was there was no stiff backing in the packaging to keep it pristine as possible.

Cheers, Brad

rideLIKEjehu

Monkey
Jul 11, 2001
495/66/50/29
got mine in a coupla days ago. the pix & design & content are dope. and i enjoy supporting a quality mtb resource.

unfortunately, my hypercritical eye keeps getting drawn to spelling mistakes and the horrible typography. the large, tightly kerned lines of arial or some similar bland san-serif font make it really hard to read a lot of the articles.

all in all, it's good... but when i drop $10 on a magazine, i want perfection :)

E

endtroducing

the rag does look promising.

corey, you should sign up to be their readability consultant!

there's nothing worse than quality design with crap typography.

stinky|Dan

Monkey
Aug 3, 2002
i put in my subscription this week. I'm currently writing the media studies program for the school i work at and want to be able to work in modestbike for the students to study when looking at magazines (and i want a new t-shirt and to claim it on my tax).

Hope it arrives soon.

E

endtroducing

dump said:
am i the only one that's seen the front page of modest bike.com???

demers... one of the evil guys... :(
it's very sad...

there is a tribute thread on Hcor.

rideLIKEjehu

Monkey
Jul 11, 2001
495/66/50/29
wow. sad.

just met him for the first time in asheville. such a super positive guy, i just assumed that he'd be all cliquish and whatnot... turned out to be really friendly and outgoing. a total inspiration.

how did it happen?

RIP... :(