Quantcast

Modular Portable Quarter Pipe

Gibby403

Chimp
Aug 27, 2011
I would love to build a 7ft tall at least 8ft wide would like 12 to 16 wide
Quarter pipe.
The catch is I would like to be able to break it down and set it up. So it is not a permanent structure. I do not see any good plans on how to do this. But I know it is out there. Maybe someone here can help.

cmc

Turbo Monkey
Nov 17, 2006
austin
I would love to build a 7ft tall at least 8ft wide would like 12 to 16 wide
Quarter pipe.
The catch is I would like to be able to break it down and set it up. So it is not a permanent structure. I do not see any good plans on how to do this. But I know it is out there. Maybe someone here can help.
i have seen it done lots of times, although i don't recall seeing plans. check out rampplans.org.

think of it like this: to make a 12' wide modular quarter, you would just build three narrow (4' wide) quarter pipes next to each other. depending how small you want to be able to break it down, you could also cut each of those 3 quarters in half (to have a top half and a bottom half). all you have to do is build each one, then circular saw them all the way around. then you'd use bolts to attach them together. because it's difficult to make transitions exactly identical and because ground surface is frequently uneven you may have some issues with seams. but for a bike rather than a skateboard, this shouldn't be a big deal.

Gibby403

Chimp
Aug 27, 2011
in my minds eye, just to see some pics of that would be great.
I've been all over ramplans.org nothing that quite gets me there.