Quantcast

Monday from the old Raj

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Haley's off to outdoor-ed for two nights.

We have a new compliance process in place starting today. It is clearly because somebody fucked up somewhere and made a statement that they definitely shouldn't have. Most of us stay well within the safe parameters, but one idiot fucks it up for everyone. Now, our parameters are about 25% tighter than before. It's restrictive enough that I might pull some credentials from my signature to avoid people overly assuming shit regarding what I can do. My overall patience is slipping, so I might be looking at other options more aggressively.

Wifey said family is starting the "what do you want for Xmas" chant. Trying to explain to people that you don't want anything and that your entire "want" list is actually things for one of your kids is rather frustrating. I don't need more HD gift cards, I have a ton. You know what you can do with $100? Put it towards Haley's new helmet or collar or motor or tires or coaching or...

And if anybody needs/wants to a kid's Leatt collar, the one I got Haley doesn't support her head well enough, so I need to get a new one. It's been used all of 4 times and she's already back to her foam one. Let me know and we can work something out.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
MAN...I rearranged my basement man-space which included moving the previous owner's hand-built storage rack. Holy shit, this guy sucked at woodworking. I could build something better. Hitting a temporary pause so I can buy some framing nails and reinforce this piece of shit before I put anything back on it. I'm shocked it held for that long...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
MAN...I rearranged my basement man-space which included moving the previous owner's hand-built storage rack. Holy shit, this guy sucked at woodworking. I could build something better. Hitting a temporary pause so I can buy some framing nails and reinforce this piece of shit before I put anything back on it. I'm shocked it held for that long...
tpiwwp

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Thought my brain was glitching, nope its just my computer freaking out for some reason.

1699908128404.png

I can't work under these conditions etc etc etc!!!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Anyway lmao, I gotta go see my doc today.
I called at 8:00 AM for an appointment. By 4:00, I had seen my doc for an exam, got two prescriptions to help with the pain, got six x-rays, and got the x-ray results. It is nice having a doctor who is AVAILABLE when I need him. Now I am just waiting for those pills to kick in. Thank you to the Toshis and scrublovers of the world.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I called at 8:00 AM for an appointment. By 4:00, I had seen my doc for an exam, got two prescriptions to help with the pain, got six x-rays, and got the x-ray result. It is nice having a doctor who is AVAILABLE when I need him. Now I am just waiting for those pills to kick in. Thank you to the Toshis and scrublovers of the world.
If that were here, the process would be something like:

• Call and attempt to go see your family doctor, assuming you have one.
  • You won't get an appointment, so you go to a local walk-in clinic. They might prescribe some pain meds and will send you with a referral to an x-ray place.
  • Assuming there is a walk-in x-ray place around, you'll now drive there and wait for a few hours.
  • Then you go fill your prescription and wait a home. Maybe it'll be 2 days, maybe 2 weeks, before you hear back about your x-ray results. They usually analyze them pretty quickly, but getting to the action part takes the longest.
  • Now you need a referral for some follow up care, god knows how long that'll take.
  • ***a few moments/months later***
  • Your back has now healed itself and you finally get that appointment to see your family doctor (they'd be late to it, of course). yay

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Last day here with the bestest friends of mine (literally) in the world. Such an amazing trip, I'll write up an (over share) tr soon.
Honestly a spiritual and mental transformation for me.
I'm just awed by the whole experience.