Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

Hope everyone made it through the weekend in one piece. Ours was very low-key. It rained all weekend, so Justine, Colin and I just hung out and just did......pretty much nothing the whole time. We've gotten an amazing amount of rain in the last few days, and I swear you can hear my plants growing if you listen hard enough.

Y'all hang in there today....it can't be Monday forever.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
Good morning. We had a gorgeous weekend here. Saturday I got my 6 mile in so I took sunday off even though I was supposed to XT. Sunday it got a little cooler but the sun was still out. TN and I spent the whole day working on projects around the house. I still didn't get my f'in tomato seeds planted though and I just remembered that too. GRRRR.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, yo. A low key weekend for us, too. I need to get out and do some riding. The weather is supposed to be beautiful this week. I did ride our spin bike for an hour yesterday while I watched the pathetic Red Sox lose another game.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Haven't been able to post to a GMT for a while. Last week, I spent 2 days in Mass learning about our remote monitoring equipment. I got a hefty dose of poison ivy on the first day. My hand looks like I have leprosy. This is the worse I've had it in many, many years.

BigT and I did a spin yesterday, my first time on a bike since I went to Otis, and my butt hurts. Oh well, I'll just suck it up and get over it.

Last Thursday, I was supposed to have a lesson with an 8th degree, but he had to reschedule to tomorrow night. I've only been trying to get a lesson from him for about 8 months now. Every time he saw me, he would say "I have to call you, don't I?"

Today, I have to monitor a quarry. Easy gig, mostly just sitting in my truck, playing on my computer.

That is all for now.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Good morning, all.

Oh so very glad to be back on the East Coast!! Last Thursday spent 15 hours in SEATAC airport to fly through a turbulent flight back to DC, only to miss the next 2 flights to Allentown, finally surrendered and got a rental car and drove from Dulles to home. Whew, now I know why so many PNW people commit suicide.. it's too hard to leave normally!

After that fiasco, spent a great weekend at a cabin with my son and his Boy Scout troop for a leadership retreat. Great food, good hiking, good weather..all is right again. Let's have a great week, shall we?

skinny mike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 24, 2005
morning all

up early to head to the gym. then i just need to run a few short errands today. i feel like i'm getting sick so i need to get to bed early tonight.

i had a pretty productive weekend. i got a ton of climbing in while training for the middlebury comp next weekend and on saturday i finally learned how to lead climb/belay and led a couple routes at the local gym up here. i should probably take today off from climbing as my hands are all sore and raw.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
We too had a low-key weekend. Jewelry party at my house on Saturday followed by a BBQ 'cause the weather was nice. Yesterday we took Sydney to see Horton Hears a Who and got some things packed for my weekend away.

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
morning all

up early to head to the gym. then i just need to run a few short errands today. i feel like i'm getting sick so i need to get to bed early tonight.

i had a pretty productive weekend. i got a ton of climbing in while training for the middlebury comp next weekend and on saturday i finally learned how to lead climb/belay and led a couple routes at the local gym up here. i should probably take today off from climbing as my hands are all sore and raw.

We've got a climbing gym here that I really want to look into. It's supposed to rain all week, I am hoping I'll get off my ass and get up there.

chqm8

Chimp
Mar 25, 2008
westport, mass
Morning. Rode the trainer Saturday and Sunday.

I was really ticked off that I had to work this past weekend. But then the weather was terrible so at least it wasn't like I missed anything too good.

Stoopit Red Sox. :disgust1:

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Hola'! Great birthday weekend! Spent all day Sat. out riding with the rest of the Elevate Cycles DH team. :thumb: Think we put in about 12 miles all together. I'm happy to report that the spin classes I've been taking appear to have paid off! A couple of the guys bonked real hard somewhere between mile 6 & 8, but short of a couple crashes I felt great! :) Yesterday was spent playing outside with the kids as the weather was really nice.

brungeman

I give a shirt
Jan 17, 2006
da Burgh
Morning,

Friday hit a great art opening with Bek and my parents. Had some wine and saw some people I haven't seen in a while...

Sat. spent the morning working on my car trying to trace a short in the O2 sensor circuit! :disgust1: the afternoon was spent working on the 575, then another art opening that SUCKED, back to the house to finish the rebuild on the 575.

Sunday I was feeling kinda tired from the late night rebuild, but I met a group for the first trail ride since my broken C-bone... I must say, my confidence is rattled a bit, and my legs and lungs are insufficient at best! but I rode the whole loop except 2 small ultra tech spots. I did a good bit of hike-a-bikin, and am feeling the low-speed get off I had but all is good!

like others have said...

My butt bones are sore! :biggrin:

have a good one folks!

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good Morning everyone.

First sunny warm weekend in forever, trails should be dry really soon!
72.1 mile ride on the road bike on Saturday!! The longest single ride I've ever done. It was just so nice outside I kept going and going.

Sunday was a short recovery ride with a friend, more lounging around by the lake and soaking up more sunshine than pedaling. Another 18 miles with her puts me just over 90 for the weekend.

I tuned up all three bikes and de-single-speeded my hardtail, so I'm ready to go. Yay Summer. :banana:

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
My friggin work computer won't boot. I've got the blue screen of death, with some kind of lame "inaccessible boot drive" error. Now I've got to wait for a PC tech to come help me out. So I'm using the PC in the empty cube next to me to at least surf and check my e-mail. It's amazing how little work you can do when you can't access your hard drive. I did clean my desk. That took all of 10 minutes.

Anyway, we've got a guy coming over tonight to give us an estimate on putting in 11 new windows. I've been putting some money aside each pay check to pay for them and should have just enough. COOL.

splat

Nam I am
Morning

Busy weekend , Saturday I did a Brake job on my Wifes Van, Toyota said the brakes were toatlly worn out had had to be serviced Immediatly , and wanted $900 to do it . I can do Brakes , so I figured I'd start with the front , got a set of Front pads for $40 , and went to work. Took off teh front wheel , and worn out my ass!! there was at least 1/4 of the pad left , and the rotor were glass smooth. since i was in there I replaced the pads any way. Easiest Disk pads I have ever replaced , took less them 15 minutes each wheel.

Saturday Night went to a Church auction and Bought a Burley Tandem.

Sunday did a ride in Foxborough , and then a Short ride on the new tandem with my Son.

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
had a disappointing weekend at best. kid's dad took them on saturday for the day. the weather cleared up...sun came out...warmed up...and i was ready for another ride with the new bike. there has been a squeaking sound since the last 3 or so rides (it's only been ridden about 6). it squeaks when coasting...no pedaling no breaks...so i figured i'd bring it to the lbs on my way to the trail.

well they said the squeaking is "common" for disc brakes and they would look at it but they don't think there is anything wrong.

while checking the bike out however...they show me that the rear wheel isn't true and they had to keep him over the weekend.

disappointment one

they also said that if they couldn't fix the wheel i may need to purchase a new one in the price range around $40 - $50. WTF? ...disappointment two

i haven't crashed with it yet...i'm a noob rider so it's not like i'm riding it hard into the ground. i would imagine any ride that would warp the wheel out like it was...i would remember. :(

i've spoken with a few of my riding friends and they all say it should be covered under the warranty since the bike is so new. i hope so. the move to texas is where all my money has to go to now. so i really can't afford to put in more money on the bike. :(

i'm supposed to find out today.

i was kinda glad yesterday was lousy weather. :)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
another low-key weekend...when will this weather get any better? saturday actually wasn't too bad, and i did a bit of street riding w/ my son and his neighborhood friend.

sat night i went to see the 1970 Czech movie _Valerie and Her Week of Wonders_, with a live score provided by The Valerie Project, which was great.

yesterday the weather was crap. went to a local farm w/ our youngest, fed some goats, deer and llamas/alpacas.

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Had a nice weekend. Did a training death march for the upcoming Whiskey Offroad on Saturday. I did a bit shy of the Whiskey climbing totals with 4200 ft. for 24.5 miles, my buddy went and did a second climb up Shaw Butte to finish up the ride with 27.7 miles and 5100 ft. of climbing. I think I will survive the event this year though.

Yesterday was my anniversary (17 years) so we did a dual celebration of that and the kids' good grades on their report cards by hitting Valle Luna for lunch. Spent the rest of the afternoon looking at ridiculously priced model homes and throwing a new set of Eskar tires on the bike.

Have a good day.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i snapped this weekend. realized i wasn't having fun car racing any more, especially in the rain when changing wheels is part of the activities. i left the track before registering and paying up, went straight home, and promptly listed both the extra set of wheels and race tires (sold, paid for, and shipped all over the course of 6 hours) and the car itself.

buy my RX-8! :D

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/car/632592554.html

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
^
Good luck with the sale Toshi.

I picked up the cylinder head from the machine shop on Friday. I want to finish this engine so I can start collecting parts for the motorcycle again.

I picked up tickets to a swervedriver show in atlanta in June. Something I never thought I would be able to do again.

Rained all weekend.

loco-gringo

Crusading Clamp Monkey
Sep 27, 2006
Deep in the heart of TEXAS
blabber about bike stuff.
That's BS if they say it's bad. I'd be surprised if it's not able to be trued. Most Hardrocks need some work out of the box, but they should be fine for a ride or two if the spoke tension settles. Do they offer any service with a new bike??? If so, that should cover the wheel truing. If you bashed something and made a bad spot in the rim, you could be out of luck. If they offer a rear replacement on a HR for $50, you are in luck. It should run about $70 actually.

btw - TX filled up on Friday. You can't come.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning.

Friday night - dinner with Laura at a Mexican place where we first met. Food was good, company was better!

Saturday - Lots of yard work, met a local guy who bought some skewers from me, more yard work, and then a short ride on the TW Monkey Butt. Had to get in a short one before handing it back to Ted.

Sunday - met Ted and his wife Susan in Sturbridge, and dropped off the Monkey Butt. Picked up two 650b touring frames for bullitboyz and his brother and proceeded to meet bullitboyz in Tolland as he couldn't find Ted and me when he arrived late to Sturbridge. We were in the local quickie mart/Subway/Donut shop having a cup of coffee and talking bikes.

Fiddled around with some bike stuff for a bit, and then picked up my boys around 4. Grilled up some chicken breasts for dinner - chowed down and then watched some Women's basketball. Stanford outplayed UConn to advance to the championship game. Damn! I was hoping for a UConn vs. Tennessee showdown in the Championship. Oh well.

I feel tired today and I have to deal with an office politics/personnel conflict meeting in about two hours.

Why do the people I get to manage always have to turn out to be whackjobs???? :confused:

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
That's BS if they say it's bad. I'd be surprised if it's not able to be trued. Most Hardrocks need some work out of the box, but they should be fine for a ride or two if the spoke tension settles. Do they offer any service with a new bike??? If so, that should cover the wheel truing. If you bashed something and made a bad spot in the rim, you could be out of luck. If they offer a rear replacement on a HR for $50, you are in luck. It should run about $70 actually.

btw - TX filled up on Friday. You can't come.

i didn't bash the bike...so i can't say honestly why it is the way it is. but i'm sure that'll be their take. (feeling a wee bit taken advantage of here) the only thing they offered at the time of purchase was a lifetime tire replacement. and seein that i'm headed to Dallas where i got me some connections :biggrin: i figured it made no sense to buy a lifetime warranty in a state i won't be living in.

with that said...sorry...i already pre-registered for Texas...i'm in like Flynn. but hey...i hear there will be an opening in CT come June...maybe you want to think about taking it? :lighten:

(btw...what's your take on my squealing? disc brakes squeal even when coasting?)

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Like Tigg said, still recovering from my 1st trail ride of the year...funny thing is that my legs feel great, it's my upper body that feels beat. Good ride at Onteora Lake in Kingston, NY - shaley singletrack, very jagged rocks, all babyheads, tough to keep momentum up. Felt pretty good on the Gruitr. It's a little small for XC but it's workeable and handles excellently in techy sections. Did a couple of big rock piles that I didn't hit last time I was there. Didn't bonk, but walked a few climbs. The guys that did bonk were riding their DS bikes, tall gears included (think 36 in front and road cassette 11/25 or 27 rear!)..that must have been tough. Oh yeah, one guy almost sat on a sunning 4 foot long black snake while we took a break mid point of the ride!

Today - 1st family ride of the year in the Pine Bush Preserve. Later on.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Morning all - lots of riding for me too. Saturday was mountain biking, Sunday was road. I'd just like to say that I love my bikes.

Damo

Short One Marshmallow
Sep 7, 2006
French Alps
God I love April!

Big dump of snow last night. Went up for a board in so quiet conditions. Really warm, just a hoodie. Noone on the hill.

Went to do a BS3 off a drop and landed on a rockhard bit of wind-blown snow. Didn't crash, but somehow managed to twist my shoulder the wrong way. Crap. End of season injuries suck.
Always check your landing...

Last week of guests here now. 4 adults, 4 toddlers and 2 babies. Should be interesting...

Have a good one everyone.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Like Tigg said, still recovering from my 1st trail ride of the year...funny thing is that my legs feel great, it's my upper body that feels beat. Good ride at Onteora Lake in Kingston, NY - shaley singletrack, very jagged rocks, all babyheads, tough to keep momentum up. Felt pretty good on the Gruitr. It's a little small for XC but it's workeable and handles excellently in techy sections. Did a couple of big rock piles that I didn't hit last time I was there. Didn't bonk, but walked a few climbs. The guys that did bonk were riding their DS bikes, tall gears included (think 36 in front and road cassette 11/25 or 27 rear!)..that must have been tough. Oh yeah, one guy almost sat on a sunning 4 foot long black snake while we took a break mid point of the ride!

Today - 1st family ride of the year in the Pine Bush Preserve. Later on.

Weird...when we rode there we almost sat on a huge black snake too (looking over the ledge into a dump/open quarry area).

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
Crappy weather but still got a little over a 100 miles on the road for the weekend.

Did more work in the backyard getting the few plants we did buy planted and some new dogwoods planted as well. With the calls of another drought this year and the watering restrictions that go with it adding in small batches that we can take care of until they get established.

Now just waiting for 20cubic yards of mulch to spread in the beds. Wish he would show..... Figure that's only going to take me the rest of the week. But with that we will have fixed most of the stupid stuff the previous owners had done.

Shyrmp

Nekkid Girl Gone Wild
Dec 31, 2002
The suburbs of Mexico.....
Good Morning everyone!

I went from this

Back to this :(

Orven and I spent the last week cruising the Baja peninsula with my parents. We were having such a great time we forgot to take a lot of pictures, but I if I have a chance I may post a few up later. Now it's back to real life and catching up on all the work that didn't stop just because we were on vacation. LOL

Have a great day monkies! :)