Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Kinda bummed on hearing the news about George Carlin. He was one of a kind.

The wekend was great. Just chilled on Friday, grilled some steaks and watched some movies. Saturday, I played in a charity golf tournament. My back is still hurting from my crash a few weeks ago, so with the aid of some hydrocodone, I was feeling no pain by the time I got to the teebox. We had a great time, actually played pretty decent, and had a great BBQ(eastern style...no red sauce here you freaks!!) afterwards.

Justine and I got sprung into society for a night as her parents wanted to watch him for an overnight. We grabbed a late dinner and hit the martini bar. Got completley plowed and got a cab home. Sleeping in was the best part of the whole deal. I recovered by mowing the yard and watching the new "Rambo" movie. Teh awesome.

Oh yeah....we finally got some rain. 24 straight days of hot temps and nuthin' to grow the 'maters. We got about 6in. in 6 hours yesterday, so we'll spend the day around here drying off and bailing out all the water.

Y'all have a great day...6 days for me until vacation!!!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy Monday!

Aside from an MTB ride Saturday morning, we were lazy bums most of the weekend and we kind of enjoyed it. I picked up a new helmet light. w00t!

We're still watching our friend's dog. The dog pretty much hasn't moved from this position for three days.

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

My son was here over the weekend, so we didn't ride. We did hike to the the top of Castle Craig in Meriden. We also took the dogs, who complained far less than my boy did.

I have no idea what is up for today.

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
currently 1am. i'm in the network ops center as we deploy a new server. I'm "testing" the internet by burning time on the monkey.

so far our late night/early AM server deployment operation is going pretty well.

weekend was all kinds of awesome. friday night my new GF came over, she performed surgery on my dog (dog was all cut up after fighting pigs), then BBQ on Saturday and went trail running on Sunday. dog is at home healing. not very happy about wearing the "lampshade of infinite shame" but that's what she gets for going out and getting all cut to pieces again. I love my dog, but she's not the sharpest knife in the drawer....

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
sunburned...when people ask i tell them i fell asleep under my reading lamp.

motorcycles saturday...

RideRMB

Monkey
Aug 29, 2007
'Da Hood
G'morning everyone. Today I'm headed to Rye Airfield to do some park riding with my new Transition. Thats it really, Happy Longest Day of the Year!

BurlyShirley

Rex Grossman Will Rise Again
Jul 4, 2002
TN
sunburned...when people ask i tell them i fell asleep under my reading lamp.
I got scorched yesterday also, out on the lake. Was out trolling for Walleyes, but only managed some catfish. One good blue that went about 8 lbs, and then the lake erupted with waverunners and wake boarders listening to terrible music...so couldn't stick around too long.

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Ive been off for a week because of the arrival of our Baby Girl. The past few days have been spent trying to get to know her and her needs. So far things are not as bad as I thought they would be. I have been missing my bike though. I did get out once to cruise around. Hopefully this weekend I can hit the trails

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - Rode with IAB and MBC and a couple other folks on Saturday morning. I rode like crap. I suck. But it was good to be outside getting some exercise in. Mowed the lawn later in the day. Yesterday was spent at the baseball field in the morning- mid afternoon. Liam's all-star team got Mercy-ruled 11-0 after 4 innings - ugly. Then we celebrated Liam's 12th birthday on Sunday night with Pizza and ice cream!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
almost got killed on my road ride yesterday. a truck, facing against the flow of traffic, pulled out from the side of the road where he was parked, just as i was flying by...

then for the final 2.5 miles of my 42 mile ride, i got caught in a torrential downpour, complete w/ hail stones.

still, it was a good ride.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Ive been off for a week because of the arrival of our Baby Girl.
Congratulations! After the 1st day, I had work calling wanting to know if I was going to come in the next day.

So far things are not as bad as I thought they would be.
Yes.....they will be. You've just scratched the surface, my friend.

I have been missing my bike though. I did get out once to cruise around. Hopefully this weekend I can hit the trails

:rofl: Not. Going. To. Happen.

Good Luck!!

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
My wife and I spent the weekend camping with 2 other families. It was an interesting experience to say the least. Since having our daughter our free time has diminished and then what free time we do have we spend it doing 'different' things than our usual mtn biking and other outdoor activities. I wouldn't have it any other way though. The thing is I didn't realize till this weekend how much outdoor type stuff we still do with our daughter. All the other families who went with us have older kids and couldn't believe we were going to bring our 1yr old camping. Funny thing is she did much better than some of the other kids. :) She was the only kid who went kayaking (she fell asleep 1/2 way through), the only kid who went biking (she fell asleep 1/2 way through), I think she was in the pool longer than any other kid as well. I guses my point is that I had a great time camping with my daughter and wife.

PS. when Brinley had me up at 5:30am I decided to go fishing and caught the only fish of the weekend with her on my back in the Kelty backpack.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I will second all these comments.

Congratulations! After the 1st day, I had work calling wanting to know if I was going to come in the next day.

Yes.....they will be. You've just scratched the surface, my friend.

:rofl: Not. Going. To. Happen.

Good Luck!!

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Morning,

Narlus, watch out for the crazies. I almost got taken out twice the other morning in the .75 mile commute from where I park to work location. One was intentional.

Stevew, great vintage bike pic. Got a good one for you from a car show this weekend of ratted out 63 VW van with a trike on top of it. Will post when I can get to it.

Had a good weekend of riding- Friday did a 14 mile spin with as much climbing as possible. Saturday went on a death march (how do I always get talked into this?) with one of my hairball friends. Same area as Friday, only 30 miles in 100+ temps- 6 liters of water consumed on the ride. Punctured a sidewall on a month old Specialized Eskar tire while out. Ran by the bike shop later and they handed me a brand new one thank you very much. Took yesterday from off from riding, worked around the house and soaked up the A/C.

Have a good day!

Last edited:

splat

Nam I am
Morning

Was a good weekend. did a great ride in singletary with Bob W. I discovered I some how bent my chain in a nice twist ,so it was doing some skipping , so I changed out the chain , I had new one , But I did not have a new Freewheel , SUndays ride , was lots of chain skip. so I got back to the house and put an older chain on , runs smooth now , but I need to get a new freewheel or 2. any way on sunday did a ride with some bike raggers and my son in Nam. hoipe to get those Pics up later tonight.

Was a very nice ride in , took the longer way 22 miles and now its pouring , thunder and lighting and all that fun stuff. It should be passed by the ime I have to go home

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good Morning and happy Monday.

What a nice weekend eh? Due to rain I rode the road on Friday afternoon. Dug at the new dirt jumps on Saturday morning, road ride again afterward, and a great long trail ride with a bunch of people yesterday.

New Fox TALAS fork coming today to try out on my bike. Yay for new parts!

Have a great day everybody. It's your choice.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Ive been off for a week because of the arrival of our Baby Girl. The past few days have been spent trying to get to know her and her needs. So far things are not as bad as I thought they would be. I have been missing my bike though. I did get out once to cruise around. Hopefully this weekend I can hit the trails

Despite the naysayers, babies are pretty easy...change their diaper and feed them.

Wumpus

makes avatars better
Dec 25, 2003
Six Shooter Junction
Went and saw my first pro race this weekend...the ATT Downtown Austin Crit. The pro guys were fast...I bet they generated a twenty mph wind as they passed.

They started pretty late(8:30), and the lighting on the course was minimal at best. I couldn't believe how many people were using flashes especially in this corner -- a slight downhill into a narrow street.

BussaFrame

Monkey
Apr 19, 2005
Morning,

I spent the weekend moving into my new house. A little time consuming but defintely worth it. Now I just need to take care of a few odds and ends around the house, and get ready for the race this weekend. Should be a good one.

That and finish gathering the parts for my new bike. Should be a good week.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
morning. In So MD today and tomorrow, wife is househunting, trying to catch up from being on the road all last week. Hoping to ride this week.

George Carlin, Tim Russert and 4 nice Boy Scouts perish in the last 10 days and Dick Cheney lives on, where is divine justice?

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Great weekend! Ride all day on Sat. with Treesaw, Sq-Earl, Douglas, etc. at the SMBA event. Ate good food, drank good beer! Brought my daughter with me and she rode the trails like a champ, and it was her first time on anythign other than dirt roads. I was very proud of her! :tear: :) got home around 5pm and took her rollerblading too. We were both exhausted Sat. night. Yesterday it rained off and on all day so I hung some pictures around the house and shot some hoops inbetween storms.

Headed to jiminy peak this Sat. w/ Jim Mac for some freeriding!!! Can;t remember the last time I rode DH without racing against a clock!! Should be a blast! :thumb:

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
YAY, a weekend full of riding for me! I did lots of miles on dirt and am so happy to be back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bitingback

Turbo Monkey
George Carlin, Tim Russert and 4 nice Boy Scouts perish in the last 10 days and Dick Cheney lives on, where is divine justice?

add Dr. R. Scott Borrus...an advocate of the trails i ride here in Branford. :(

http://www.newhavenindependent.org/a...doctors_he.php

sad indeed!!

Narlus i'm glad you got through that ride unscathed. near misses are scary as hell!!

morning monkeys.

just another day working, packing and preparing. don't know if i'll get to ride this week before the movers come...we'll have to see how the week goes.

have a great one monkeys.

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Good afternoon Monkeys. Fairly decent weekend here. I took my son to the Ithaca fest Friday night & Saturday.

I got fed up with my spokes breaking every 2nd or 3rd time I go mtn biking at this one particular trail system, so I am getting me a pair of Rhyno Lites, which the LBS owner has assured me are *virtually* indestructible. I told him that sounded a lot like a challenge, and I would be testing them out full-force. :biggrin:

Anyway, I had a fantastic 57 mile road ride yesterday... Mountain biking and testing out the new wheels tomorrow night.