Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Ours was nice....I worked on the house for most of it, but Justine and I did manage to get out alone on Saturday night for a couple of hours to have a dinner at the local Italian joint. I'm tearing out a wall in our basement to accomodate the bar area, and it's requiring quite a bit of wire relocation. One solution uncovers another issue--which requires another solution to solve the issue--which uncovers another issue. A neverending cycle, huh?

I watched a lot of Olympics coverage this weekend....obviously glued to womens volleyball with everyone else. Loved the 20 Chinese girls in bikinis raking the sand in between sets. :biggrin:

It's a busy week for us. Got a lot of jobs to get out in the next few days, so I gotta run and get 'er done!!

Y'all have a great day!! :cheers:

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
Morning monkeys!

Had a nice weekend at her parent's house in Loeminster, MA. Met with the priest who is going to marry us, and found out some things I have to do to get married in the Catholic church.

Today I'm going to Farmington to watch some steel tubes get pounded into the ground.

Tonight is a "high impact" workout.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, monkeys! We had a very good weekend...lots o' fun. Friday night we hung with a couple of friends, ate pizza, drank beer. We got out for a couple of rides this weekend...Saturday road ride and Sunday MTB. In between all the fun, we managed to get lots of stuff done around the house, too. Is it Friday yet?

I like getting into work nice and early. I get a good half hour of quiet time to myself before anyone else gets in.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Good morning all. Back from the West Coast, nice weather this weekend here in the NE, huh? Some rain yesterday but nice and cool, saving that AC! Did the honey do's on Saturday and went to a Eagle Scout ceremony for a young man we know. Always to good to see positive things happening with youth instead of the typical news stories.

Busy week catching up from being on the road and vacation.

Anybody know for sure when we can watch the Olympic mountain biking?
(haven't had a chance to dig the schedule up)

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
Saturday went riding with Splat in 'Nam. Did some nice damage to my leg with the big chainring. Also tweaked the crap out of my back. Spent all day Sunday moving as little as possible. I'm somewhat worried about the Vermont 50 race which is 1.5 months away. le craptasm.

hopefully today we'll get a bit of dry weather around Boston so I can go do a road ride. Tuesday i head home to the islands. :)

hooples3

Fuggetaboutit!
Mar 14, 2005
Brooklyn
Morning Monkeys. I took an extra day to extend the weekend. My sister moved to Doylestown PA, just north of Philly so the whole fam damily packed it up and came down for a visit. It was our baby juliana's first road trip and it went great. we are used to travelling 4+hours to maryland to visit her so this 1 1/2 hr trip went by quickly.
Our course I brought my bike because i have been reading about some great trails in the Philly area. I even bought a book on the trails.
I decided to try out Wissahickon park. it turned out to be an awesome ride. plenty of rocky technical climbing as well as some nice tight singletrack. There is a lot of Trail mantainance here and it shows. it was a great 9 mile loop that took only a couple of hours to complete. The park itself is amzing too, after the ride my wife, baby and sister met me and walked along forbidden drive ( a crushed gravel path ) until we found the perfect eating spot along the river. the only thing missing was a few beers.
Yesterday was spent shopping and checking out the local towns. They have an EMS store really close. Of course you cany walk out of there without anything so $85 later I was on my way!!
now its time to pack up and head home

mudgirl

Molester of monkeys
Jun 8, 2007
Tied up in the basement
Morning monkeys!!

Well, I finally completed my first century! Yay! :banana: Now I can hang that road bike up and not look at it until next year! Not really, but I am so happy to have finally met that goal. It really wasn't too bad up until the last 20-25 miles, especially since that is where the two biggest climbs of the route were. Then it felt like we were NEVER going to finish!!

Anyway, not much planned this week. Getting ready for the beginning of the fall semester here at work. The new professors are trickling in; students should arrive next week.

badcrumble

Chimp
Jun 18, 2008
wooooster, MA
Hey does anyone know how the monkeys did at great glen?

results are up but I don't know the team names?!

http://www.24hoursofgreatglen.com/Page-442.html

We survived! Team "bow chicka wow wow" did 15 laps and came 2nd in our class. we also won the best decorated campsite award - go team! It was a mudfest but at least the rain held off for the actual race.
Woodsguys team was the "soul riders" in the mens sport class and River19 and Mrs River19 were in the mixed pair (sorry I don't know the team name)
I'll try and do a ride report with pics later

splat

Nam I am
Morning

Had a Great weekend , ( see ride reports ) , good ride into day , but it is suppose to rain this after noon ( again ) so looks like I'll get wet on the ride home ( again ) .

not much else going on.

Edit : Kick Ass clair ! Great Job !!! did you have fun ?

Trainwreck

Turbo Monkey
Aug 10, 2005
Med. to Well-Done in Phx
Good morning,

Congrats on the century Mudgurl. That is a great accomplishhment.

Not much up this weekend. Saturday's trail choices were less than enjoyable due to terrible conditions from last week's storm and 80%+ plus humidity with dead air. Cut the usual loop fairly short. Sunday went riding with my sister-in -law. Stuck to the primary trails and fared much better. Had a decent ride.

Not much else over the weekend, went to a car show Saturday night and the kids start back to school today.

Have a good day.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Good morning.

Good job Mudgirl, and all you 24-hour race monkeys.

Full weekend; big fast ride on Saturday followed by a b-day party at night, then a big less-fast ride yesterday. My friend calls and says 'I'm busy painting but stop by afterwards and we'll have a beer". Well, I stop by and ended up staying 4 hours and painting a living room. What a chump I am ... never even saw it coming. :bonk:

Spaghetti legs today.

we Survived! Team "bow Chicka Wow Wow" Did 15 Laps And Came 2nd In Our Class. We Also Won The Best Decorated Campsite Award - Go Team! It Was A Mudfest But At Least The Rain Held Off For The Actual Race.
Woodsguys Team Was The "soul Riders" In The Mens Sport Class And River19 And Mrs River19 Were In The Mixed Pair (sorry I Don't Know The Team Name)
I'll Try And Do A Ride Report With Pics Later

Nice Job!

morning Monkeys!!

Well, I Finally Completed My First Century! Yay! :banana: N
You Rock!

cadmus

Monkey
May 24, 2006
PNW
I worked about 22 hours over the weekend. We opened a new hospital yesterday and everything is going smoothly. I'll be working minimum 12 hr days here thru Wednesday and then get to return home.

This facility is so impressive, a lot of patient/family input was considered in the design of the building and it really shows how patient centric a hosptial can be. In most areas it feels more like a resort than a hospital. It's also the most technologically advanced facility I've ever seen - all very cool.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I had a pretty good weekend. Got lots of yard work done on Saturday, and on Sunday I finally got the baskeball hoop set up properly - what a PITA!

Did a short little road ride with Connor so he could get used to his new bike. He digs it. I need to get some unwarped rotors though. My front wheel squeeked the entire ride.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Morning all! Decent weekend here. Sat. morning did a 40 mile group road ride. Avg. 18mph which is good for me. :) After that did a quick shoe change and headed into the woods for a 5k run. Next, it was a quick stop home to shower and then took the family up to the Six Flags Great Escape for hours of amusement park fun!! Rocked every ride there and then some!! My 7 year old daughter is the only one that could keep up! :thumb:

If the weather clears I've got a mini-tri tonight and then a time trial to race tomorrow. :banana:

hope you all survive your Monday people!! :)

douglas

Chocolate Milk Doug
May 15, 2002
Shut up and Ride
Morning all! Decent weekend here. Sat. morning did a 40 mile group road ride. Avg. 18mph which is good for me. :) After that did a quick shoe change and headed into the woods for a 5k run. Next, it was a quick stop home to shower and then took the family up to the Six Flags Great Escape for hours of amusement park fun!! Rocked every ride there and then some!! My 7 year old daughter is the only one that could keep up! :thumb:
Isnt there some law about it being illegal to race DH & Tri's ?

woodsguy

gets infinity MPG
Mar 18, 2007
Sutton, MA
We survived! Team "bow chicka wow wow" did 15 laps and came 2nd in our class. we also won the best decorated campsite award - go team! It was a mudfest but at least the rain held off for the actual race.
Woodsguys team was the "soul riders" in the mens sport class and River19 and Mrs River19 were in the mixed pair (sorry I don't know the team name)
I'll try and do a ride report with pics later
Yes, GG was awesome. The 8 mile course was a swamp but still fun. I had some cramping issues so I didn't do nearly as well as I'd hoped (look for my upcoming ride report.) Badcumble on the otherhand did awesome! She ripped off a 65 minute first lap and finished strong on all four of her laps (even her two night laps). That's amazing. Remember, she just started mountain biking this summer!

The course had alot of climbing and the singtrack was tricky. There was about a mile or so that towards the end of the race was so muddy that it was virtually impossible to ride so most people walked all the way up and I'm sure even the experts walked some of it.

Last edited:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Wow......seems like I'm wasting my life at work. I need me one of those jobs that lets me race a bunch of times during the week and still pays me enough to cover the mortgage, all my bills, and more bikes than China. Gonna have to get crackin' on that. :think:

pigboy

in a galaxy far, far away
Wow......seems like I'm wasting my life at work. I need me one of those jobs that lets me race a bunch of times during the week and still pays me enough to cover the mortgage, all my bills, and more bikes than China. Gonna have to get crackin' on that. :think:
Greyhound: Have you considered a life of crime? Or becoming a lawyer?

Awesome job on the 24hrs of GG Woodsguy, BadCrumble, et al!!!

Drunken_Ninja

Turbo Monkey
Aug 25, 2002
Hangin' with Riggs and Mertah
hello.

well my bike got fixed last friday the adapter for my disc brake came in so i went riding in the local park. looks like the kids love the dirt ramps cause they tripled what used to be there 4 years ago

as for the weekend it kinda rained so i bought some beers and you can imagine the rest.

this morning was nice though so i went riding at 7am cross the city to hang out with some friends. we shared some laughs and shmoked some spliffs and i have been napping all afternoon since i came back.