Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

I hope everyone had a great weekend. Ours was waay too short, but enjoyable nonetheless. Friday I went to the dirt jumps for a little bit after work, sold my Transition Preston frame to a local, then picked up some subs on the way home. Saturday was spent hanging out with Colin while Justine got smashed at a bachelorette party.

Back at work today for 2 days then off to a conference in Mississippi on Wednesday and there until Friday evening.

Mississippi in July......oh thrill.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, monkeys! Stupid Monday mornings. This week is going to be busy as hell at work, capped off by working all weekend. JOY!

Yesterday, the wife ordered herself a new carbon road bike, but I got new pedals for my road bike so I think I win.

X3pilot

Texans fan - LOL
Aug 13, 2007
SoMD
Morning! Great weekend, capped off by a ride yesterday that was perfect. X3 Jr's birthday was Saturday so we had Red Robin (yummmm).

Wife and kid are working a camp this week, so it's me in the house! Much riding, burritos every night and the Tour.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
One of the guys who has had a hand in building three of my older brothers cars died at a drag strip in SC over the weekend. I guess the car got loose and hit a gap in the guard rail at speed and shredded the car.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
NYC for the Central park zoo and dinner with Liz on Saturday, Diablo and apartment cleaning yesterday. It's 9:00 am and I still haven't had my morning poop.

juiceguy03

Chimp
Jul 13, 2009
Morning all,

No time to ride this weekend due to the kids multiple practices and games, monthly poker night, and various family obligations. Got up at 5:00 and had a quick tour of Nam before work today. I was wondering what the #@*% I was doing on the way, but as soon as I was in the woods I was glad I did. Scared up two deer and a few small critters... it's really peaceful in the woods at 5:30!

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Morning all,

No time to ride this weekend due to the kids multiple practices and games, monthly poker night, and various family obligations. Got up at 5:00 and had a quick tour of Nam before work today. I was wondering what the #@*% I was doing on the way, but as soon as I was in the woods I was glad I did. Scared up two deer and a few small critters... it's really peaceful in the woods at 5:30!
Welcome to RM, noob!

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
Rain and general suck on Sat, great trail ride yesterday. New tires, seatpost coming for my XC bike today, along with some new knee pads. :monkeydance:

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Morning all,

Welcome to the Monkey!!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
great long weekend. friday i hit up Canobie Lake park w/ the family. saturday did a road ride and some fishing, then went to Wilco w/ the family...yesterday went to the Sox game and watched Beckett pitch a gem. finally good weather as well!

cneums

Monkey
Jul 9, 2009
Maryland, USA
Morning.

Ugh, all of my bikes except my XC ride are in the shop...broken. I have work all week and probably won't get to ride, and I'm already bored ****less, and it's only 9:40. But, I need money to fuel my bike addiction...

Bushwhacker

Turbo Monkey
Dec 4, 2003
Tar Effing River!! NC
Busy weekend for me...cut some trees at our county park for the new dirtjump line Saturday. Was supposed to go see Joan Jett that evening but had a few honeys show up at my door wanting me to do some cooking for them. I figured four honeys on the deck is better than one honey on a stage...so I got cookin. Did a good size tree job for one of my riding buddies Sunday and by time I got done I was too whooped to ride. Took a vacation day today to try and get a ride in...so of course it rains. Spending the day chillin with my girl.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Did a local XC race this weekend. I haven't been competative in any non endurance events in years, had no expectations other than to have fun. Course had a lot of climbing, very rooty and rocky. Climbed reasonably well but felt one with the bike and was descending like I was possesed. Managed not only to win my epert-vet division but beat the pro-expert field too. It helped that no pros showed up.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
My weekend was pretty mellow, I drank a lot of beer since its my last weekend before my surgery. Eye of the Hawk, Thunderhead IPA, and Blue Moons. Mmmm.

I also went beach horseback riding with my fiance and a few other friends. No really my cup of tea, but I must admit it is pretty fun when they are at a full sprint on the beach. This is only my 2nd horsing experience as an adult.

I am trying to figure out some fun things to do this week to make use of my left arm before it becomes useless for a few months.

Ha, my shoulder dislocated again this weekend too while playing with my dog. Sonofa.

One of the guys who has had a hand in building three of my older brothers cars died at a drag strip in SC over the weekend. I guess the car got loose and hit a gap in the guard rail at speed and shredded the car.

Wow that's awful. Sorry for the loss.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Did a local XC race this weekend. I haven't been competative in any non endurance events in years, had no expectations other than to have fun. Course had a lot of climbing, very rooty and rocky. Climbed reasonably well but felt one with the bike and was descending like I was possesed. Managed not only to win my epert-vet division but beat the pro-expert field too. It helped that no pros showed up.
Thats killer man! Congrats!

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
Morning - Mowed the lawn (twice) this weekend, trimmed the hedges, sawed down some branches and sold some bike parts. Also boxed up some other parts to ship to fellow monkeys.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
SteveW, that sucks.

Cold on Saturday, rain yesterday and today. I did get to the bike shop and found a new ride for Maddie. She is bumping up to the 20" beach cruiser, got her a Phat Cycles Daisy in purple.

Went to the nickel arcade and got our game on, the Reo's Ribs for ribs and brisket :drool: Single dad weekends are fun.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Brinley's first trip to the Beach (Long Beach Island NJ) was a blast! We blew off some obligations to get away before Aubrey pop's. :)

Moments before she got knocked over.... :)

Last edited: