Quantcast

***Monday GMT***

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Goddamn deck is turning from a 30k project into a 40-50k project, mostly due to contractor ineptitude. But he’s my wife’s client, so we kinda have to just suck it up. So many bullshit mistakes. Was supposed to be done end of June, looking at end of September.
Grumble.
”buy a home”, SS said. “It’ll be fun”
I've got landscaping coming up in this ballpark. FUCK home ownership. :mad:

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
who was the guy with the chipmunk infestation?

i've got a family of mice that moved in...or had. I "caught" three adult mice and my cats have collected upwards of 6 or 7 babies...not sure what to do with those other than let them outside or mercy kill if they're injured.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am

i've got a family of mice that moved in...or had. I "caught" three adult mice and my cats have collected upwards of 6 or 7 babies...not sure what to do with those other than let them outside or mercy kill if they're injured.
I used to have a Chipmunk infestation. If you see one rodent, there are probably ten times more that you don't see. If you really want to get rid of them, you pretty much have to commit to the gory business of killing every last one of them. Catch and release is just making your problems someone else's as the mice or chipmunks are conditioned to find food near humans. They either starve or invade another home. Also the more times you catch and release the more your chances of getting bit increase.

Took me a while to get to that point. I usually do not kill critters, not even most spiders. But chipmunks, fuck'em.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

Ah yes. My ongoing battle with mice. Probably caught 50 or so this year. I assume they are house mice?

Where there's one, there's more. At least you have cats to help curb the little invaders. Otherwise it's gonna be lethal measures, trapping doesn't seem to be effective.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Ahh, bummer, my ‘endurpo event’ is likely cancelled this weekend. I was ‘looking forward’ to over 6000 feet of climbing, and descending three stages in a blind format. Boo.

and it’s a trail building fundraiser, not a ‘for profit’ event.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke

I had to do a lot of ‘mercy killings’ with my old cats, the new ones are seemingly considerably more lethal. Zero warm blooded creatures have been delivered alive so far.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Went to a friend from grad school's very Jewish wedding. Not only was I the only person who wasn't Jewish but I was the only person who didn't grow up within a block or two from the groom. Was weird but an honor to be the only outsider at the event.

Changleen

Paranoid Member
Jan 9, 2004
Pōneke
Went to a friend from grad school's very Jewish wedding. Not only was I the only person who wasn't Jewish but I was the only person who didn't grow up within a block or two from the groom. Was weird but an honor to be the only outsider at the event.
“I’m not racist, this is my gentile friend!” :D